LLano Amps.

Please feed me with your words of wisdom about the Trinity Line of amps from this Texas manufacturer. I have spoken many times with Randy White and he is a super individual. However I have not heard the amps or have any of my near divorced audio buds. So I ask you all, how do they perform!!! Sound? Etc.....

I am pondering the Trinty 200 mono's to power up my Hales Designers Signiture speakers. 6 ohm load. My pre selection is up for grabs, I just sold my CAT. I hate to say it but I am going to SS. I know....do not even say it. I want to stay married.
128x128bozo
I have the Trinity 200, driving Wilson-Benesch Act Ones. I love the incredible tight control of the bottom end, black background and yet the "magic" of the tubes for the midrange. I highly recommend you give Llano a try.
Go to audioreview.com for feedback on several of the LLano older amps. I own the stereo amp (100 S) which is rated at 100 watts pure class A per channel. I am very happy with the amp driving (low impedance) Apogee Stage Loudspeakers and Swans. I use a Sonic Frontiers Line One as my pre amp (tube). I don't think you can find a better amp anywhere near the price (no middleman). I have not had a chance to hear the latest LLano's that use tubes. Good hunting.
I've been waiting for this thread to pop up so I could help "spread the gospel according to Llano".

I had Randy White (one of THE BEST guys in this whole crazy industry) custom build a "Trinity 400R" for me, after a short, but very convincing audition of the Trinity 200.

I'm currently using this little monster to "snap proper life" into my Martin-Logan Odyssey's -- with fantastic results.

I know where you're comimg from "BOZO", I too have to share my humble abode with the wife (AND kids), so , while I lusted after a good set 'o tubes, it just wasn't practical.

Well, let me tell you straight-up, with the Trinity, I don't miss 'em (tubes that is) at ALL. I really think the Trinity is the absolute best blending of SS & tubes (under $10k). My Trinity sounds like a S.E. tube amp, with BIG cajones.

After much deliberation and studying of Randy's design at the Llanno web site, the Trinity just seemed to make a LOT of sense; only 2 gain stages, zero neg. feedback, Class A operation, toatl of FOUR seperate transformers, SPERATE ac cord for the Triode front-end (which you of course, plug into your P300), etc., etc. Again, it just made too much sense to ignore. Also, you have over 20+ different tube types to try, without bias adj., to "voice' the amp to YOUR idea of the "right sound".

No, Randy's not my brother, nor am I affiliated with Llano in any way, it's just that I haven't been as pleased or pleasantly got MORE than I expected with a pc. of gear, in a long time (OK, maybe my Audio Aero 24/192).

Anyway, it has all the smooth, liquid midrange of any tube amp I've heard, with an incredible soundstage (both depth & width) with the most visceral, deep, clean, kick-ass bass I've yet heard, from ANY amp.

Am I in love here or what??

It really is the best amp -- by far, that this audio-junkie has ever owned.

The restless Audio Spirits have, at least for the time being, been put to rest, in my system.

Fell free to e-mail me with any other Q.'s. Also, see my "review" under the Trinity 300 heading @ AudioReview.com

Remember, Randy offers a 30 day "trial", so I don't think you can go wrong.

Best of luck,

Dennis
I have a trinty a-100 and I'm extremely happy. The amp is the best that I've heard. I use a pair of siemens/halski 7308's which are providing some excellent bass and detail.

I've been told the amp improves directly with the tubes you use and I've found the depth and overall tonal quality of the sound will change noticeably from tube to tube. The amp is great.