Lifespan of speaker crossover components & drivers

Hi folks, this is my first post here. Briefly, a bit of background. Bought a used pair of Audiophysic Virgo mkIII around three years back. Enjoyed them for two years and then decided I needed the money and sold them (ironically to the same person who sold them to me - he'd missed them too much!). I spent a year 'slummning' it with lesser speakers but finally decided I needed the AP sound and bought a mint, year-old pair of Avanti mkIII in cherry two weeks ago.

I am delighted with these speakers and I think these are the ones for the long-term commitment.

What I want to know is what a reasonable expectation for lifespan of crossover components and drivers is. I've read that caps can dry within 15 years, depending on the type, and of course I've heard of a lot of speakers from the 70s and 80s with driver degradation (primarily 'rot' of the surrounding mounts).

I'm hoping to have a long and happy marriage, cough, I mean ownership with these speakers - and I'd be keen to know when I should be looking to have things like the crossovers re-capped.

Any pointers appreciated!
jtcedinburgh
The short answer is, you'll probably have changed spkrs a few times before anything needs looking at:)

Electrolytic caps deteriorate, esp. the high voltage ones used in PS -- that's usually spec'd at 10yrs! (Yr spkrs don't have a PS.)

Surrounds: the surrounds to look out for are the old foam formulations -- NOT used nowadays. I think the Scan drivers yr Avantis wear have rubber surrounds anyway. Unless you leave the Avantis outside in the sun for a few yrs, forget about it:)

Cheers
Thanks. I've no plans to sell these speakers - though never say never, eh? - so I'm looking to get 20 years out of them before they need anything done (though of course I'm sure a recap should be relatively straightforward given the fact that the crossover is easily removed.

Anyway, any other comments welcomed!

John
You could search for info on the Avanti xover (i.e. a schematic); if I remember its mostly 1st order with a few notche filters however... Recapping is straightforward. Choosing the brand is less so.
There are no hard & fast rules. Given reasonable use & care, they might outlast you. Don`t agonize & enjoy.