Learning about crossovers helped convert me from atheist to a believer in God

Let’s see if this one survives.    

I have been an atheist for 50 years.  Recently I became a believer.  One factor that helped tip the scales is the “fine tuned universe” argument - the idea that the physics constants, e.g. the mass of an electron, are so finely “selected” that if they weren’t very close to what they are, life wouldn’t exist.  This is an argument for a creator.  The best counter argument seems to be that there are an infinite number of universes and we got lucky.  

When I got into audio, and started learning about crossovers, I was ASTOUNDED at how well the pieces fit together.  Octaves are exact doubles of frequency.  3dB describes so many seemingly unrelated phenomena.  But the one that really got me was the magic of capacitors and inductors.  They share no parts, other than wires sticking out at each end (usually), one acts due to voltage, one acts due to electromagnetism, one resists AC, one resists DC.  And yet, somehow, they are mirror images of each other, using almost exactly the same equations, behaving perfectly orthogonal to each other, even to the extent of how powerfully they perform their function (3dB again).  How is this possible?  Could this have happened due to random chance?  I smell a creator.  

alanhuth
Post removed 

I just think about a paradox:

It is when we abandon ourself  that we become ourself...

@mahgister 

Then the existence of evil dont prove there is a creator as you said  because God dont gives us free will as a permit to do anything, he gives us consciousness...ABSOLUTE consciousness with all knowledge there is ...he gives us also an ego, a separated identity who will learn how to manage absolute knowledege... We must think to create our consciousness content... The conscious content is not given without our own co- creating thinking process...

"Given" a separate identify, our awareness of our own unitive nature is impeded. This is the inherent function of Maya, no? 

If we are not aware that we have access to Consciousness, how can we choose "freely" between acts impelled by awareness of Consciousness and acts impelled by the ego?

How responsible are we for being "given" separate identity?  

I must admit that I find such inquiry very confusing because, in terms of language, it is very difficult to speak in both dualistic and non-dualistic terms at once.

About the design argument:

Here we are free in our interpretation...

If we take mathematic itself , is a circle a specified complex design born from chance ? Yes and no...

We can compute the value of pi by a random throwing of needdles : "To calculate pi from the needle drops, one must take the number of drops, multiply this by two, then divide by the number of times it crosses the line. This only works so simply when the distance between the lines is equal to the length of the needle."

Is it not miraculously surpising in a way , and in another way a trivial fact ?

We can always interpret facts in the world or design as random or as designed...Because we can always choose one perspective over the other... But there is a SOURCE for all these possible choices and interpretation, a limit to randomness and a sterility of pure  order and to level of orderliness ...

Why ?

Take the prime numbers distribution is it random ?

Not at all if we look at it from one side of the lens ... It is an increasing rythmed sequence ..But  if we look on the other side of the lens by reversing it ,  they appear in a way random...

"Prime numbers, of course, are not really random at all — they are completely determined. Yet in many respects, they seem to behave like a list of random numbers, governed by just one overarching rule: The approximate density of primes near any number is inversely proportional to how many digits the number has."

now read this :

« Two mathematicians have uncovered a simple, previously unnoticed property of prime numbers — those numbers that are divisible only by 1 and themselves. Prime numbers, it seems, have decided preferences about the final digits of the primes that immediately follow them.

Among the first billion prime numbers, for instance, a prime ending in 9 is almost 65 percent more likely to be followed by a prime ending in 1 than another prime ending in 9. In a paper posted online today, Kannan Soundararajan and Robert Lemke Oliver of Stanford University present both numerical and theoretical evidence that prime numbers repel other would-be primes that end in the same digit, and have varied predilections for being followed by primes ending in the other possible final digits.

“We’ve been studying primes for a long time, and no one spotted this before,” said Andrew Granville, a number theorist at the University of Montreal and University College London. “It’s crazy.”

The discovery is the exact opposite of what most mathematicians would have predicted, said Ken Ono, a number theorist at Emory University in Atlanta. When he first heard the news, he said, “I was floored. I thought, ‘For sure, your program’s not working.’”

This conspiracy among prime numbers seems, at first glance, to violate a longstanding assumption in number theory: that prime numbers behave much like random numbers. Most mathematicians would have assumed, Granville and Ono agreed, that a prime should have an equal chance of being followed by a prime ending in 1, 3, 7 or 9 (the four possible endings for all prime numbers except 2 and 5).

“I can’t believe anyone in the world would have guessed this,” Granville said. Even after having seen Lemke Oliver and Soundararajan’s analysis of their phenomenon, he said, “it still seems like a strange thing.”

Yet the pair’s work doesn’t upend the notion that primes behave randomly so much as point to how subtle their particular mix of randomness and order is. “Can we redefine what ‘random’ means in this context so that once again, [this phenomenon] looks like it might be random?” Soundararajan said. “That’s what we think we’ve done.” »

Read all this article here :

https://www.quantamagazine.org/mathematicians-discover-prime-conspiracy-20160313/

What means this discovery to me ?

It means primes are resembling music more than perfect order or perfect randomness...

Primes distribution is an ABSOLUTE not created by anyone but DISCOVERED like a tree at a crossroad, an absolute increasing rythm beyond determined order or beyond randomness..

no one ever designed or created the primes , they are discovered or not... Any extraterrestrials or any angels cannot do anything save discovering them...

not only they are the most complex symbolic object of the universe , but also the simplest one....

I call the primes a potential specified complex information set undesigned by any finite mind but reflecting the universal knowledge body...It is my free choice and free will interpretation... There will be no proof or disproof of this interpreted fact which is for me an evidence... Living Cosmic memory .... Now i can be wrong, but it is my belief and experience...

We dont need logical proof for design nor for god existence... Because there exist a musical line encompassing and relating all phenomena of the universe... It cannot be randomness and it cannot be determined order... It can only be a growing infinite melody...

As Peirce said truth is in the fecondity of the consequences... A Pragmatic Theory of Truth holds (roughly) that a proposition is true if it is useful to believe. Peirce and James were its principal advocates. Utility is the essential mark of truth.

Then as Christ said we are free to choose , but beware, we recognize the tree as his fruits can give...