Lampizator Questions

Hello All-

I’m wondering if there are any long time Lampizator owners here that might be able to answer a few questions I have about the product line specifically with regards to the nuances of tube rolling, the digital boards and the build quality between models.

designsfx

@jc51373

My question was relevant since it was pertaining to the Lampizator DAC.  In regards to your advise - "Why not ask Lampizator this question".  Well, my intention was to hear from knowledgeable, unbiased users of Lampizator, and not directly from the company. 

I wonder, why anyone would be so upset and use derogative tone.   I usually call this time of people like you - An emotional Terrorist.  Good Day. 

I saw a notification on this thread and realized it was one I started almost a year ago- time flies! I want to thank @chilehed ​​​​@maxboy00 for their honest responses and advice, I really appreciated the information.

After seeking more information, more research and more listening I ended up ordering a new Lampizator Golden Atlantic TRP3 balanced dac. I had been considering a T+A Dac 200, Rockna Wavedream Signature and (for a short moment) a DCS Bartok Apex. After hearing a mind blowing demo with a new Baltic 4 I decided I would pursue a Lampizator. 
The beginning of my search started with an older balanced Golden Gate and Pacific which were both available on the used market but after conversations with Fred A at Lampizator NA I decided to try the latest TRP with engine 11.

I have to say that although my impression of this unit was a little rocky at first this Dac has become the center of my music system and is one of the best purchases I’ve made. I was advised (warned) by some that the Lampizator all comes down to the voicing and that the tube selection/matching is the most crucial element when it comes to “dialing in” what is already an amazing piece of equipment.

Although it was frustrating at first (and semi costly) I was able to determine through experimentation which tubes I wanted to go when it comes to how they worked within my system. After roughly 4 months of buying, burning in and listening I was finally able to land at least four quads of power tubes and multiple rectifiers that all deliver variations of what I was looking for. 
All in all this story has a happy ending. Every time I sit down to listen I’m amazed at the improvements that have been realized and what’s really great is that as I continue to seek out and purchase more variations of tubes within the families I use things just keep getting better. 
Although the Golden Atlantic TRP3 is not the top tier model produced by Lampizator I have been told by others (who own Horizons and Pacific’s) that it is the sweet spot of the product line. All I know is that it has been very rewarding for me so far and I highly recommend this product to anyone who wishes to experience what a great tube dac can deliver.

Wow! @designsfx , congratulations on the score and the journey. Adding the B3 to my system was transformational so I can only imagine what the Atlantic TRP does for yours. All the best going forward!