Lampizator Big7 as a preamp

I am now using Berkeley Alpha DAC directly to my active B&M speakers 
I have opportunity to buy Lampizator Big7
I heard that it can be better as a DAC than a Berkeley , but how about use Lampizator ( with volume control ) as a preamp.Berkeley have very good built-in preamp, how about Lampi ?
128x128donpen21
FWIW. I have used a Meitner dac for years. Got in a Lampizator Golden Atlantic TRP w/ built in volume control in for a trial. It sounded very close to the Meitner.  Then I decided to try going direct to my amps from the Lampi.  Wow, everything I had hoped for with tubes in the system was more pronounced and no loss of detail. Now have the preamp up for sale.  I'd have to say that if you have the opportunity to get your hands on a Lampi for a trial, do it. Can't comment on your type of speakers but it has changed my thought process completely. The tube rolling thing is really interesting and I've just gotten into the tailoring aspect of this. Loads of fun! 
I moved from the BADA DAC II to the Lampizator Big 7 with volume control, and it was so much better in every parameter, IME.   I think you will only enjoy your music's sound that much more.  And the ability to tune the sound by rolling the tubes is a very nice thing, too.
Lampi straight to amp is a pathway I love so much every time I switch to it.