Krell Showcase 7.1 DACS

This may be a stupid question, but here goes...

1. What happens (in terms of sound quality) if I feed a Sonos Z80 or Squeezebox's digital out directly into the Krell Showcase 7.1 Pre/Pro's digital input ie use the Krell's internal DACS

Would it be better to use an external DAC in between the Sonos or Squeezeboz and the Krell?

2. Is the Slim Devices Transporter internal DAC better than the Krell internal DAC?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!
crisscross
...very, very, sad to think that all the great audio minds here cannot answer my humble question :(
OK Cris,
1.Your Sonos Z80 or Squeezebox would benefit if run through Showcase's dac but.....to answer the rest of that (1st) question.....well, it depends on the quality of the dac. There are a lot of good dacs in $500-$1000 range that would probably do a better job then Krell's dac. Preferably with balanced (XLR) out to Showcase XLR-in (pass trough inputs). As you probably know - sky is the limit. It all depends what are you trying to achieve. If I was to guess.....you are trying to replace your source component (CD,DVD) with one of the above mentioned digital media players without loosing quality. If that is true, well....you are on the good track, but please let us know what are you trying to accomplish.................????