Krell Resolution 2's VS Polk Audio LSi15

Interested if anybody has compared the two? I Know both use the same tweeter, outside of that I'd only assume the Krell has a much better crossover network and bass drivers. I love the sound of the LSi's I was wondering if the extra $$$$ was worth the jump up to the Krell.
lush
Gammajo: Actually, unless you went yet somewhere else to hear the VR-4Jrs., my room is 14.5x24 -- not 10x15. For your ears, room and electronics, you should stick with your Polks.
I gave the Krell Reolution 2s a good long listen to today. These Speakers have a hell-of-a BIG sound and some crazy- bass. The imaging was also very good, with a nice center-phantom image and the L & R images extended well out and around. This Speaker is also very loud, not bright or forward in the midrange, but BIG & LOUD in a kind-of overwhelmingly/brutish sort of way.

I walked away feeling that these Speakers are beter suited for Home Theater. They didn't have anywhere near the finesse, air, accuracy/tonality or detail that the Focal Be or B&W Diamond Speakers do.

The Focal Be & B&W Diamond still seem (to me) to be designed primarily for Stereo-Music listening with Home Theater as an after-thought. Both of these Speaker lines, I find to be very musical and interesting to listen to.
I wish that the Krell would have worked out for me, I was offered a very, very good deal on them.

The Polk LSi 15 are amazing, to say the least. I have listened to the Krell's during a business trip to Toronto. I drove up to Audio Excellence in Richmond Hill. They are a Krell dealer and the nicest guys you can find. Since I am a current owner of the LSi 15 speakers, please understand that my view may be biased here. I could not listen to both speakers side by side of course, but knowing the LSi 15 intimately, I think I was able to get a grasp on the Krells strong points...and weaker points too. Are the Krells better? The short form is: Yes they are. How much better? In my opinion, the Krells have a tighter bottom end and MAYBE a more neutral midrange. In the high frequencies, the differences were minor. What astounded me however was the pinpoint IMAGING and the perception of depth of the Krells, where I am absolutely CONVINCED that the LSI 15'S are CLEARLY BETTER in this regard.

Could this be an artifact of associated equipment or room ? Maybe, but I think these speakers were being fed by very high-quality solid state electronics, and the room set-up was pretty nice also. Much better than in my home. In full disclosure, I use tube amplification, were the Krell demo used solid state. This may in part explain my perceived neutrality of the Krells and the tighter bottom end. And I do know the LSi's are supposed to work best with SS amplification too, but I am a happy camper and will be keeping my tubes.

Are the Krells worth the extra money? In my opinion, not on sonic merits alone. No way. On prestige and looks, for sure if this counts, and I know it does for many audiophiles in this crazy hobby.

The Krells are impressive speakers, but the fact that the LSi 15's come so close says more about the virtues of the Polk's than the Krell's shortcomings, as the Krells are probably worth the money - but if you go for it make sure you don't suffer through a blind test with the LSi's - it will probably be a very humbling experience, something I wish I could do. Somewhat of an indication - most audiophile friends that HAVE listened to them (most have much higher priced speakers systems) were blown away.

If Polk comes out with a revised model in 2007 or 2008, my bet is that they will cash in this time, with prices that will truly reflect this speakers true value at probably 3 times it's current price...making the current version the steal of the century, in my book.

Funny, second time I have left this link in two days, it's an interesting thread, check it out ! Good luck in your search ! Here's the link:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1130351158&read&keyw&zzreal=deal
hmmm I know that link, cuz I told you to go ahead with the LSi's in that link, then told you to upgrade your electronics because the Polk's were capable of showing you upgrades further up the chain. How quickly we forget =P
Hey Lush, now I remember, It was you that put me on to them right? My mind was almost made up, but you did convince me to go ahead !