Krell KSL-2 any good?

I have a chance to purchase a krell KSL-2 with mm/mc phono board for 1000.00. I am currently useing a tube pre w/phono, sunfire amp, VMPS ST R speakers. I do not like the noise my current Juicy Music Blueberry pre amp has in the phono stage. Is the old Krell a good sounding/low noise pre for the money? Thanks, Rob
radiob
The price is too high.
It is a fair preamp. It is the same as the original KSL except for the front panel.

In my experience (and I had one), it is bettered by all the other Krell preamps.

For that price you can get the KBL (without the phono), which is a much, much better preamp (and I've owned one).

Richard
KSL-2, or KRC-2? The Krc is a lot newer and better. The KSL series is about ten years old. $1000 for a KSL sounds real high, but that is a good price for a KRC-2.
Hello WHy would you put that this is the preamps fault ,9 out of 10 times it is one of the tubes ,did you change them out first? I have 2 of these amps and both are excellent , you should try to figure things out before bad mouthing a quality product, thank about it .
>>bad mouthing a quality product...
What is wrong with you? Radiob just asked a second opinion. KRELL's fans may like KRELL's cool design more than its sounding. I have KSA 80b power amplifier. It produces a horrible sound. The bass is too soft and vocal voice is not clear. However, I still keep it because of its cool design. So, am I bad mouthing...LOL