Krell FPB 300cx enough to drive B&W Nautilus 801?

I'm about to purchase the Nautilus 801s, along with the Krell FPB 300cx amp. Would there be any significant improvement if I were to get the Krell 400cx instead? I emphasize the word significant, because price is a major issue. I know the 801s need power, so any opinions as to the sufficiency of the 300cx would be much appreciated. Thanks.
liszt458
OK, one of the FPB750MCX amps has failed and was drawing in excess of 15 amps from the wall at idle so I boxed them up for repair. I sold all my extra amps so now for this system the only extra amp I have lying around was a S300i. I set the little amp up in theater pass through mode for the mean time, and set up the 801N's again, it dosn't sound too bad when you bypass the preamp, the preamp is the real weakness of the S300i. Well ok, listened to a little led Zeppelin then some Michael Jackson from the this is it blue ray, turned my trusty Krell preamp up to about 50%, after about 4-5 minutes the amp went into thermal overload which it stated nicely on the display. Once it cooled off it shut itself off I turned it back on and it played fine. I could see from the P-1200 it's hooked to it was drawing a lot of power for a little amp. Can't wait to get my babies back.

On another note I spoke with Dan Daugustino a fare amount when he was here at the show in SF recently, he said the Krell amps should be running at 220 volts and they will sound a lot better. Come to find out they are all designed originally for that voltage, the MRA amps were designed to only run at 220. So looks like I have to save some pennies and do some more work on the house here...

Have fun guys,

Rob
Just an update, sold the B&W 801N's and have some Apogee Calipers (ultimate version) and waiting for my Diva's to be finished (also the Ultimate version, all metal ribbon). Finally found a KCT that was literally brand new and hooked it up, WOW what a step up. I run all siver cables except the Balanced cable to the amp which is silver coated copper. When the amps finally come back I'll be using the transparent CAST cable. Just using the KAV 2250 right now but I never thought it could sound like this, just stunning can't wait for the big amps.

Rob
I have the Krell FPB 400CX with The KCT with CAST cables running my B&Ws and my system never sounded so good. The KCT is a must have with the Krell amps. You are going to love how your system sounds when you get your BIG boys back. I would love to see what my system would sound like with the Krell FPB 750MCX amps.