Krell EVO-1, FPB-750MCX or EVO-900

HI all,

Would like any feedbacks in upgrading or to stay put...
I currently have a pair of krell FPB-750MCX with Evo-202 pre driving Revel Salons ( 86db @6ohms). Love the current sound but have the itch to upgrade either the Ev0-1 ( 450W ) or the Evo-900 and worried if the Evo-1 having less power will not able to drive the Salons properly. Ive been told the Evo-1 will do the job OK and sound much better that the EVO-900 since it's Class A compared to the 900's in Class A/B but my 750MCX are also in Class A.
Just don't want to make a mistake so any help here appriciated.
Cheers in advance.
flashunlock
I also have a pair of Salons (Gen I) & recently sold my levinson 33H's. Was thinking of the Krell FBP 350MCX's to replace the 33H's. How do your salons sounf with krell amps powering them? Thanks.
Forget about the Krell´s and go for the MSB M202´s. Less power, but supperior sound qulity. I have owned several Krells: KSA 100s, 200s, FPB 200, 300, 600, KAS 2 and 1, MCX 450, 750. But newer the Evo One´s yet. Then I heared the MSB´s and never have I heard anything like them. The Krell´s sound lige a welding machine in comparisson. They are rated at 200w/ 8 ohms, but they drive the Ultima Saloons without effort, so !!! Thats my thoughts.
EVO one's have zero negative feed back and will drive just about any speaker in exsistance. I was in a simalar situation. I had the evo 202 and evo 600's. I was considering a move to the ones. Im the end I desided to go tubes. Had I gone with the ones I would not been upset. As it stands I am quite happy with my choise. The ones are in a differant league as all other Krell and other ss amps mentioned. Also they will work with the triggers on you 202.
HI,

The Evo 1 have a little negative feedback (not zero). In any event, they are very nice, controlled bass, neutral sound (much more so than the FPB series). I owned a pair for a while but the heat, even in standby was scary enough to convince me to sell them (250W per side in standby). At 33 cents per kilowatt/hour that was 3-4 dollars a day. For something which may be more liquid but a touch warmer, you might consider Boulder. I wouldn't go for the Evo 900s. You might also look for a pair of the Evo e series that purport to improve on the range.