Krell Duo 300 compared to Evo 302e or 402e?

Hi I am looking for an amp to power some Revel Salon 2s and wondering about these amps. From all I can read it seems that the 302e or 402e would be a good amp for the Salon 2s but the new Duo 300 with it's cooler running demeanor is definitely appealing. I am wondering if anyone out there has compared these or owned both and can shed some light on this?
128x128ejlif
I just got a Duo 300 for home demo. It certainly adds texture and makes the music more engaging. But, I like the exact, analytical nature of my 400e (and former 302e), so, Duo sounds a bit too colored. The evolution series seems to have more control of the bottom end than Duo. I need to listen and compare a bit more. Maybe it needs some burn in time to tighten up the sound.
By the way, I thought it was odd that hot air blows out through the top. I don't know if anyone would want to put anything on top of Duo as Krell suggested it can be done.
Post removed 
Since its introduction, Krell adjusted Vanguard retail price to $4,500. So, it is not as a strong bargain as it seemed initially...
Post removed 
I finally got my Duo 300 back (about 6 weeks ago) It's a great sounding amp. I think the other guy has the sound well described. I've only ever had a Krell s300i so I don't know how the Duo 300 compares to the likes of the 302e and such. I am running mine with Revel Salon 2s in a recording studio situation. One problem for me is the fans on the Duo 300 are often times kicking in. If I'm really blasting the music the fans can be unbelievably loud. This is pretty annoying at times. I asked Krell and they told me to plug it into a ethernet port which is kind of a pain for me as I don't have one near my studio. I would have to get a 100' cord and run it through a wall but I may do that to see if there is something wrong with my Duo 300 that the fan comes on so loud. It's a well made amp just a basic black box but good quality, the binding posts are nice they tighten easily they are the best I've ever used. The sound of the Duo 300 is very nice and nothing to complain about as far as sound goes I would just warn of the whole fan noise thing. Who knows maybe it's possible to set the fans to run less. I would be Ok with a little more heat and less fan noise.