Krell CD-DSP cd player?????

Does anyone know this unit? I can't find any information on this unit anywhere including Krell web site. Although
this unit was first built in 1992 est. it is said that this
unit comes with upgradable software and digital transformer
to guarantee against obsolescence. This is an excellent sounding cd player as I have recently auditioned one in a local audio dealer but I don't know if it's worth the dollars they're asking for it. If anyone has any information of this cd player I would greatly appreciate
your response. thanks
128x12867chevellesslover
Great to hear that and I am not surprised with your find, a diamond in the rough =)
I am very late on this thread, but as an owner of a CD-DSP (with the software upgraded in '96, which was the last version available) I can tell you that it has not been a disappointment in its looks or performance for the 10 years I've owned it. My only complaint on the transport part is that it will not recognize some disks burned with a CD-RW drive. No big deal. Wish I had the lucite cover for its dramatic looks, but the guys at Krell disuaded me as it must be in the down position when you're playing a disk--too heavy to remain open, and that is convenient when you're switching disks a lot during a listening session.
I agree with all positve comments made above; I absolutely love my CD-DSP, will never give it up (unless I win PowerBall & can go just plain NUTS). However, check out my comments in thread 1028132091 re inserting a jitter reduction unit between an external transport & the Krell's DAC; REALLY worth checking out, particularly if your laser's gone... (not a massive improvement, it's too good to begin with, but it's that much closer to the elusive 100%!)
HI TAIJIJIAN.
I GOT A KRELL MD-1. SIMILAR TO YOUR CD-DSP I THINK.
THE QUESTION IS WHAT MAGIC BOX (AUDIO ALCHEMY OR CHANNEL ISLANDS OR PERPETUAL E.T.C)COULD I CONNECT BETWEEN MY TRANSPORT AND DAC(AUDIO REASEARCH)TO IMPROVE SOUND QUALITY.
I SEE A LOT OF USED GEAR ON AUDIOGON . ANY IDEAS?

THANKS
GEORGE
George,maybe you can cosider Sonic frontier Jitter bug,its cheap in 2nd hand market and I heard it really improve my Pioneer DVD player digital out into my Krell CD-DSP..sound more warm and relex.