Koetsu vs Dynavector vs Lyra??

I am starting my search to replace my 8 year old Koetsu Rosewood Signature. I was told that a the Onyx is the most logical choice because I do like the Koetsu sound. However, if there is something out there that can give me a bit more punch and 3d imaging, while maintaining that warm Koetsu sound, I would be interested. I have read and heard good things about the Lyra Titan and Dynavector XV-1S but never heard either. This cartridge will mount on a Basis 2800 with Vector 4 Arm.

Any feedback is appreciated.
dmanzi0219
I had an Urushi for three years and then heard a Lyra on a friend's system. I bought a Helikon as a potential replacement for the Urushi and decided that it had more of the sonic landscape I was searching for, more dynamic, better extension, perhaps a little more grain, but it seemed to track much better at the optimum VTF.

For the second system I installed an Argo i so you could say I am conveted Lyra fan.
Hearing a Lyra once was quite an education, something very expensive, often superlative reviews, you'd think the be/all end/all, yet, it was such a huge disappointment. Tons of information, detail. Still, it couldn't time, boring in the extreme. Not for my tastes, I suppose.
You may feel quite differently.
Let me just a little something... I have a Lyra manufactured AudioQuest 7000Fe5 (that sounds and stages more like the Titan than the Helikon or Argo-i...) and a Grado .5mv Statement Reference (often reffered as "Koetsu - like")... On A Basis 2001 Vector TT (wally tools used, Baerwald aligment) . The Grado when set up at almost no antiskate, and tracking at 1.5g and not a hair more(as more VTF slows the Grado down and looses air and hall info), gives me all the hall info of the Lyra made 7000Fe5, but more of the "Mid range" magic than the Fe5. Both have similar "Punch", staging, layering... Now the Lyra has better PRaT, but the Vector/Basis allows the Grado to almost catch up PRaT wise... But the Grado is definitely the Vocal champ here. They both track everything thrown at them too... The Lyra can sound more detailed at times, but that detail is there with the Grado, just more "rounded" players in the stage versus the dryer Lyra. The Grado is more "lit from within" the Lyra more "lit from above"...

Now, I assume you are more in the Grado Statement Statement $$$ area, with the Titan and XV-1s... so not having heard the Grado Statementx2, I cannot say if it is more equal or not to the Titan/XV-1s as top offerings... The Grado Statment Reference .5mv I have being a small step down from the best there... just as enjoyable for me, but a step dwon from the Titan-i. But If you are more a Koetsu man, than Lyra, the Grado Statementx2 might be a winner. The Grado .5mv Reference here has that full midbass, vocals to die for, in the room players with seperation - with great back corner stage info... similar stage layering with the Grado having a slightly taller stage, similar width and depth... Just not the hall info of the Titan, or the macro dynamics, or PRaT; the Titan-I is more "you are there" the Grado is more "They are here"... The Grado lets me hear the music more, the Titan more the recording....

I have had a Titan-i here for a week, its just that the 7000Fe5 is damn close... I still prefer the AQ to the Helikon and Argoi, so when/if my 7000 finally dies, the Titan-i will be its replacement. I have to have both "night" and "day" as another post calls it. Thus the Grado and Lyra both are used by me here... If your Koetsu still has life left, maybe go Lyra, and switch back every so often for a change up... I like them both! WEt and Dry, night and day...
I'd love to hear what you're hearing....sounds fun!
That's one iritant for me with these forums, it's like reading about food without getting to eat it.