Klipsch love them or hate them.

My best friend drives me crazy.Every time we get into a discussion about audio,he tells me how great klipsch speakers are.I think they are the worst speakers.What do you think!
taters
I own a pair of Klipsch La Scala's. They have been an interesting and enjoyable experience so far. They are *very* revealing. I did the ALK Engineering crossover upgrade, and it helped some things, hindered others. I did a lot of A/B and found that the original cross-overs had a weird fuzz to the high frequencies that the new cross-overs cleaned up well. My main problem is my room is way too small for these puppies. I first started them with an integrated home theatre amp, but now they are on a more purist system: no pre-amp, musical fidelity A3.24 DAC from a computer downstairs is feeding two Antique Sound Lab 845 (golden ear award) amp's (amazing value for money). I used to have a 'passive preamp' (what a dumb name) in the chain, but the coloration was big. I never used to believe in cables, but it is quite apparent to listen to differences in cables with this system. Right now it's Cardas neutral reference. I even heard rather surprising changes when I upgraded power cables, added the power filter, etc... the 'audiophile' experience. What a glorious waste of money.

A friend of mine from China dubbed it 'the best system he's yet heard in Canada' -- no small compliment from this guy).

It's an interesting polarizing speaker (the La Scala). Some really dig it, other's really hate it. I've really mellowed it out to maximize on its good points. Why, just today I added a carpet to my hard-wood floor. I've also mounted the speakers on aluminum cones, with brass pucks. Dozens of tweaks (re-wiring speakers, etc...). It's a lot of fun.

But wow, the sound. I was listening to a 20grand setup (a Musical Fidelity Trivista statement amp, crazy cables, and a sonus faber setup) and just said 'nahhh'. While that system had many good points, it was too laid back and reserved. The La Scala's spray sound -- not the best for imaging, but a wide sound field really makes live performances sound live.

I have augmented them with some Vandersteen subwoofers (2x 2wq) which is actually a very subtle blend. If anyone gets subwoofers, I recommend doing the stereo subwoofer experience. The Vandersteens are pretty nice if you want to have bass, but not hear a sub-woofer. They have some clever filter concepts.

I consider this system to be my 'best tube system', and now I'm building a solid state system to compare it to. I'll play dueling bango's in different rooms ;)

I'll never get rid of the La Scala's (they're too big to move!)
What do you think! I think they are the worst speakers
Well you just had to ask ... so I'm just going to have to tell you that your statement is one of the most ignorant I've ever read on this forum. Nice troll
I think you havent heard BOSE speakers yet! Or even some
crap blaster KLH's from Costco...
Well I must say I have to amend my previous post here. After all that I said previously regarding the Klipsch Line, and my experiences with them, I now have a new reference for which I'll be using for budget HT rigs from now on!...the little Klipsch SB-2's/1's!!! Wow! I stubled across these speakers by chance some time back, and I picked up a pair (SB1's...soon to be SB2's). Tubes tubes tubes!...is what these speakers shine with!
I am soooooo thrilled by the sound I'm getting with these little buggers! Dynamics, detail, and clarity a-plenty! I have yet to find a more effective and refined sounding HT/music speaker for the money, that will blow your socks off for just about anything you play through it!!!..very nice. I've owned LOTS of very expensive speakers over the years, from Thiels, to Sonus Fabers's, to Merlins, to some higher end Dedicated rather superb high end HT speakers like Infinity Prelude MTS'S! And as of now, I can't think of anything I'd rather use for a modest HT/music speaker in my rigs!..the sound is that good!
Again, the key to making these sound right is tubes!
I used to be a Klipsch "nay-sayer", and was rather dissinterested. Then I played around abit and came up "pay-dirt"! too bad these are discontinued...they got's lot's of potential!!! I've rewired mine with some higher end Audioquest 6/9's copper wiring from some CV6 I had, and it's improved even more!. I might tinker more later I think. I'm having fun anyway...
Definately 2 different camps on this one! Personally, I find they irritate my ears, literally I find that my ears sort of itch internally after listening to them. Other speakers rate frequency response +/- 3db, Klipch (at least used to) rate their speakers +/- 1.5 db. They have no where near a flat response. Like all things in audio, there are comprimises. Where they give back is in effiency and dynamics. I have a SET amp and frequent such web sites where there are a lot of Klipsch fans. The fact that some of their older speakers are still going strong supports the fact that they are well made. Personally, I do not think I will ever own a pair. I am leaning towards a DYI/Fostex based speakers next time around.