KEF Reference 201/2 and Vintage Pioneer SX-1250???

Ok, this may be a potentially weird combination and it hasn't happened yet, so I will ask the world while I am still considering taking the plunge on the KEF's: Anyone out there with experience or opinion on pairing up a set of new KEF Reference 201/2 with a mint condition Pioneer SX-1250 receiver with 160 watts? It would have a Marantz SACD player to round out the eclectic mix. :-)

My guess (Only a guess) at this point would be a warm sounding, powerful combo............

I would love to hear feedback and/or opinions.

Thanks,
B
bsambo59
Thanks Whitecap, that sounds encouraging. I quickly learned there aren't a lot of KEF dealers for the Reference series and only one here in Colorado. He is two hours away, but will have a set of 201's in to audition in about ten days. I will hang tight and definitely audition them first, even though most people rave about the KEFs.

One I have decided to buy buy them (More than likely), I will let you know how they sound with the SX-1250. BTW, the Marantz CD player is more of an upper end unit, so I anticipate it performing well with this eclectic setup, if and when it happens.

Thanks for your post.

Bryan
Hello again, Whitecap.....
I just read up on the SX-1980 and wow........I wasn't aware of how powerful that unit is. VERY nice!

Also, this setup I am putting together is for my office also. Makes for a good time on boring conference calls you can "Mute out".

B