Jumpers vs bi-wire

Question for the experts: If I run straight cables to my speakers and then use cable jumpers to replace the metal connectors that came with the speakers (mine are set up with a high and low post for the speaker connections), do the cable jumpers need to be the same brand/model as the main cable in order to achieve the same benefits/attributes of the main cable. It seems the answer would be yes, but so few cable makers seem to make jumpers. Am I missing something (would not be the first time). My limited knowledge of such suggests to me that to get the same benefits/attributes to both high and low binding posts, I'd have to bi-wire (or shotgun). Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
vtl
Xenithon, I think you should experiment. Do what sounds best. I would try the low cable pair on the middle posts, the high cable pair on the high posts, and put a jumper or plate between the middle and bottom posts. This should give you the smoothest sounding highs.
Inpep, not quite. In a bi-wire setup, the signal starts out the same at the amp end, but the signal at the bass terminals will be slightly less in amplitude than the one at the tweeter terminals due to the voltage drop in the wire caused by the higher woofer currents.
Reading this thread and some of the posts led me too further experimenting. In order to improve my bass I changed the configuration of my wiring. Im using Apature 16 strand silver wires. The stock set-up is 8 ea. Combined at the amp end, pos. and neg., 4 strands each terminal at the speakers. I changed the speaker ends so I now have 6 strands on each low post and 2 strands on each high post.
I was hoping to get better bass responce and while this did improve the most noticable change was actually in the high end. The highs became cleaner and clearer. Cymbals now "ring" much crisper. When there is a lot of high frep. music happening at the same time the separation is noticably improved. Overall it was a good improvement. I also must say that comparing this cables to others I have allways picked the Apatures. Now there better
Up until recently, I've been using internal triwires to my Alon Circes. This means that the three legs are all carried in the same jacket of Discovery Essential cable. I was eager to see what happened if I ran a separate leg to the woofer and converted my triwire to a biwire set for the mid and tweeter. Joe at Essential loaned me a single run of Essential and I tried the combination. I really was not sure there would be much of a difference but what I noticed was 1. improved bass impact and weight - maybe even too much compared to the midrange and highs, 2. the midrange also had greater weight with piano in particular seeming more solid, and 3. the soundstage seemed a little less refined but also more three dimensional.

To alleviate the modified frequency response, I moved the speakers an extra half inch from the back wall. That was all it took to bring things into balance again. Of course, this provided an added benefit of improving the soundstage. I'm not done fiddling yet, but I can definitely see the advantages of this setup. But to be honest, I cannot say how much comes from the true biwiring of the woofer/mid-highs versus simply having more copper between my amps and the speakers.

Randy