Jolida CD-100...Who has moved on and...

What did you replace it with.

Looking for a player with more detail and extended top end. If you had this player at one time, what did you replace it with and how did it compare.

I changed speakers from a detailed ribbon speaker to a warmer conventional driver speaker. Looking to pick up some detail and extension on the top end...under 1k

Any suggestions

Thanks!
cak
i had a jolida. i found it thin sounding and emphasizing the upper frequencies. one of the few players i owned that i really did not like. i only owned it for a short time.
I had the Jolida Wally mod and the S 5751 TM GP and it was alright. My responce was to be taken with some humor on the garbage thing. It did sound better than a transistor raidio I had back in the '60's. =8^)

I think you are wrong on the SS thing. I have for a phono amp a ASR Exclusive. No tubes and wonderful sounding. It is a unit I will live with for a very long time. I like SS.

I find it hard to believe that going to a show like RMAF the most rooms have only a digital setup.
Anyway to get this back on topic?

What did you guys replace it with, how would you compare the sonics to the replacement?
I can't say that I replaced the Jolida with the Cambridge 740c as it's been a while since I've owned the Jolida. I will say that the Cambridge 740c sounds completely different. The 740 needs about 160 hours of break in time to come together, the sound is very transparent with excellent detail, the 740c does not sound like a Thanksgiving Turkey thats been injected with flavorings like a lot of players in this price range. The Jolida was okay but I heard a fuzz around images like a GA peach and sold it. The Cambridge is an amazing player in this price range, try one to see if it fits your tastes and your system.
I have a few cdps. One of them is a modded JD100. The posters here that were critical of the Jolida did so likely because it was a poor match in their system. Although I've never heard the stock unit, the moddded Jolida I have is a pretty good music maker that is not the last word in detail. It is far from garbage. The challenge we all face in system-building is being able to match the electronics, speakers, sources, and cabling. Then there's the issue of the room. With all these variables at work, it's a big challenge and daunting task. System synergy as a term is over-used here, but imo it's a very real concept. When you don't have it, you won't be happy with the sound of your speakers. I still have the JD 100, but I moved on to the Modwright Sony 999 and the Raysonic 128. What I hear from these players is more detail, a wider deeper soundstage, and resolution. Your mileage may vary based on the rest of your gear. Having a great amplifier-to-speaker match is crucial and then adding a synergistic source is key.