JOLIDA 302B Tube Int. Amp. Opinions?

I am considering a Jolida 302B integrated amp for my system. I currently using The Complete int. amp by Audio Refinement. However, I would like to get into tubes. This gear seems almost too reasonably priced, if there is such a thing? I have read some good things but would like a little more info. Thanks
jedisqueezer
The 302/502 Series is also a great tinkerer's amp. The strongest feature of this integrated is its trannys, which are quite good at this price point. For tube amps, the output transformers will make or break it, and this unit has good ones. The basic circuit design is also solid, but Jolida did cut corners on such items as coupling caps, input jacks and wires and pots. If you're willing to take the effort, replacing the coupling caps, PS diodes, some front end resistors, the input jacks and wiring and the volume pot yields big improvements, particularly in resolution. Also, consider bypassing the balance pot and resoldering the output octal taps, as I've found them to have dirty joints. Lastly, consider disabling the power LED - noise source. There are some other PS mods you might consider, but other than some paralleled caps, you tend to have to go to a two chassis design (no room). This amp responds better than most from direct connection to wall current. This amp also does well in triode mode and is passable with feedback disabled, if so inclined. I don't know if you need to run NOS small signal tubes in this piece, but there are numerous common European 12AX and AT7s that will stomp the Chinese OEMs. Also, I've heard that 5751s will hum on this amp for some reason, so you're likely stuck with the AX7s.
I hughly recommend this amp. Just great sound and possibly the perfect transition SS to tube transition without breaking the bank. One of my Svetlana EL34s went "up in smoke" the other afternoon and I had to replace all four with the "stock" chinese tubes. YUCK! Can't wait for the ordered Svetlana replacements to arrive!

My opinion in a nutshell... GO FOR IT!

Rob
I highly recommend it as well. Sounds like you are only getting opinions from Jolida supporters. I got a 302a which I found as a demo here on AudioGon. I like the appearance better than the b.

It was my first foray into the integrated tube world and I am hooked!

If you look at this as a hobby it gives you an added dimension to play with. The tubes give you an element to expand on and change - renewing the sound if you will. Negatives that I had to overcome were not being able to 'monitor' the amp and thus record tapes. Not a big deal for most just a small glitch to get around with some splitters and such. Also there are only 4 inputs which meant I added a 'switcher' to bring in several A/V inputs like TV and VCR maybe a DVD in the future.

I concur with Rob - Go For it and please let us know what you decide and what your opinion is.

Keith
I bought one when it first appeared. I found it to be an excellent sounding amplifier, although not until I changed out all of the tubes, which were noisy. Considering the overall parts quality, chassis finish and assembly/soldering (all poor), it was not a good value at its list price, however. Mine even had a hair in the crude spray painted finish. Considering its Chinese (parts and labor) origin and quality, it should have cost far less.
I have owned a Jolida 302B for a few months now, and am for the most part very happy indeed. As the above posts state, if that warm and rich tube thing (but not lacking for high OR low frequency response) is what you're looking for then you should really take a look at this piece. For me, it's really tough to listen to "solid-scrape" after having this thing around. I agree with the tube substitution advice, too, and you can find EL34's "on the cheap" on this site and elsewhere. (I got a matched quad of Electro Harmonix EL34's off of Audiogon for $40 shipped!) I will add that my unit's main capacitors went bad (and are being fixed under warranty by my dealer) but have heard generally good things about the reliability of Jolida products. My dealer installed Kimber interstage coupling capacitors, I have not heard a 302 without but can tell you that the bass is indeed tight for an EL34 amplifier. For the money you can't beat it. Do try to listen before you leap, though! Jolida stuff is FUN.