JOB, BelCanto, Perpetual, MilleniumDACs?

Greetings. My evolving ref system (ParsifalEncores/AlephP+2s/RedDawn) needs a new digital front end. I've read about the DACs listed above, and hope to hear commentary that might save me enormous time comparing them. This system is WAY too revealing of my old Rotel CDP's inadequacies (HF roughness, especially), but a quick fix with an ARCAM 9 proved unsuccessful: it's too rhythmically handicapped! Is the 'Canto the easy solution to achieve high resolution AND rhythmic prowess? Thanks. Ernie (Whatjd: lost the thread with your comments--please repeat, if you would be so kind.)
subaruguru
Tubegroover, what digital IC are you using, did you try toslink connection? many people say they hear big difference between coaxial/toslink connection
Hi Sam I am currently using a Cardas Lightning coaxial cable. I do plan on trying the toslink with a DVD transport. Have heard it isn't too good on CD transport. Wes Phillips in his review recommends a toslink at least 2 meters, I have time to sort it all out. Am just marveling at how good this unit is.
Tubegroover, have been waiting for your impression of the P3A and BelCanto! I like you am looking for a cd upgrade (I have a CEC TL5100 transport with a DPA PDM2 dac). So you are impressed with the BelCanto, BUT I have to ask, 1. Have you heard SACD yet and 2. If so, how close does your combo compare with SACD? Its just that Sony have released their cheaper SACD player here (Aust; about US$700) and I dont have the opportunity of demoing any gear firsthand. Any thoughts/experience?
Hi Mark No I haven't heard SACD and probably would not comment on it UNLESS I could hear it in MY system. The upsampling units are really the only way to go for me at this time until this whole matter on DVDa and SACD gets sorted out. By most accounts I have heard, SACD is THE best format sonically but I for one don't believe it is going to survive as a mainstream format in the long run. I have never been a big advocate of digital after living with analog for so long. The timbre correctness, and high frequency extension of analog over digital has always been much too obvious. The Bel Canto while not analog really is quite impressive and has changed my outlook on digital as a whole, especially at the price point. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is on a budget and waiting for the whole digital cluster to sort out. I never really considered SACD. I am by no means an expert on digital and contrary to all I have read, what I have actually listened to over the years has never made me want for it. I now envision digital truly equaling the virtues of analog, it is going to happen.
Ric from EVS' Millenium II upsampling DAC's should be rolling off the line VERY soon. As mentioned earlier in the thread, they are back-ordered for some time to come though. I've been on the list for quite a while and hope to have mine in the next month or so according to the last email that i got from him. According to what i've read about them, they should be OUTSTANDING. I know that he's extremely selective in terms of what parts he uses. There have been a few guys that dumped multi-thousand dollar DAC's after using one of his earlier non-upsampling units. Those originally sold for appr. $600 in base form. Sean >