Jennifer Warnes 20th Anniversary Fam Blue Raincoat

Has anyone gotten their hands on the digitally remastered copy of Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat yet? I know it was released Aug 7th. If so, how does it compare to the original cd or vinyl LP? I've heard rumours (I thought I read it on audiogon..but not sure) that there are plans to release this 20th Anniversary edition on vinyl as well. Can anyone confirm this?

calgarian
calgarian5355

I'll probably check out the new re-master because I'm a fan. However, I'd be surprised if it sounds better than my Private Music gold cd or my German Zounds "Best of" compilation cd.
Has anyone heard the Anniversary re-master yet? If so, what's the diagnosis?
Well...I finally got my copy of the 20th Anniversary edition, and it definitely sounds more dynamic top to bottom; micro-details are more apparent(similar to switching from copper to silver speaker cables)...and Jennifer's voice is more forward and perhaps a bit edgy. I would say that it's a marginal upgrade from my regular cd version (which sounds muted in comparision), but I still prefer my LP the best.
calgarian
Hi all

I just bought mine, and while it's cleaner and more detailed than the original, I also felt the vocals were a little too forward. I wish they'd done a SACD version instead.

The CD also contains a previously unreleased verion of "Ballad of the Runaway Horse". However, it can't compete with gorgeous version from Wasserman's "Trios".

All in all, IMHO, no need to rush to the shops if you already own a decent pressing of the original. YMMV.

Cheers
Mick