Jeff Rowland's Continumm

I've been interestingly putting my eye on the new continuum range from jeff Rowland for some time and have a question based on some discrepency within the information I have gathered; some claims new continuum uses the same module that was used in 201 and 501 while other claims Continuum uses the same module as 302 and 312.

Can anyone solve my curiosity?
facias
Facias, I'm not sure what "module" you're speaking of. All the amplifiers that you mentioned contain ICEpower modules, some also have Power Factor Correction. The Continuum 500 has the power units as the 501s. It has PFC units, but not the same ones available in the PC1 as an add-on to the 501. The pre-amp section of both Continuums is the same as the Capri, except that the 500 operates in DC, thanks to the PFC units in the 500.

Besides the power difference, the Continuum 250 does not have the PFC units that the 500 has.

Did one of us answer your question?

Dave
Thanks for the greeting quick response.

My prior understanding was that 501 and 201 use ICEpower 500ASP and 1000ASP modules respectively which includes power supply unit whereas model 302 and 312 use ICEPower 500A and 1000A respectively which requires separate power supply units.

I have sent an email to Jeff Rowland about 2 weeks ago and have not received reply as yet. Perhaps I might have to give them a call to find out.

Thanks anyway guys~
Resend your email and give it a few days. Jeff checks his email once or twice per week. You can also call during business hours (probably more reliable).

Just curious, if you don't mind, why would you care?

Dave
Thanks David I might have to resend the mail.

Well I've heard there are difference within the module results in sonic difference. If new continuum 500 uses 1000A instead of 1000ASP, That might means the continuum may well reach near 312 which may be really something.