JADIS ORCHESTRA

Hello,
I got my amp today. It was an orchestra not a JOR! Is there much difference between the two? Secondly upon arrival I noticed that a blue cap (if that is what it is, has letters BC and numbers like 470 uf m on it) had become dislodged in transit. What do I need to do to get this back into place? Do I need to take it to a tech? Any advice would be great as this is my first tube amp and I don't know anything about electronics. A new journey and lots to learn.
aussiedrummer
I use KT 90's because they came with my unit, along with a spare new set of them. They sound deep in the bass end, and I like the midrange too, although I have not tried any others. Apparantly the Ei factory which made them had a fire and no longer produce them, and I am told the EH 90's are not the same in sound quality. The above has been most informative. Thanks, and enjoy your amp.
wow! I heard them with ribbon speakers and an active cross over while the bass being driven by another amp. Sounded really easy a little bright and slow to what I am used to. Great imaging and no fatigue after two hours of listening and chatting. Keith Garret and Jack Dejohnette and Sonor Lights in scandi birch finish, what a dvd. Wow!Keith and his theatrics can be a little too much to watch.
Hooked the amp to my proac supper towers and the highs and mids were like never before. The detail was amazing but the bass was really mellow and faint. I heard Jaco Pastorios and heard things I have not heard before. Melody Gardot sounded sublime, yet Katie sometimes fell short and I have always loved Melua.
Learnt how to adjust the bias. Thank you Trelja for lesson 1.
nearly out of batt so will continue later as charger is at work.
All in all great day!!!
Got hold of my wife's Apple.
In saying that the bass is not as prominent as with my Music Fidelity
must say that whatever bass is heard sounds almost as it should. The kick drum sounds natural and double bass as it does when played next to you. Amazing! Just wish it was not overshadowed by the mids and detailed highs.

I think I will try the KT88 valves as Bob seems to think the amp will be fine with them. He does not see any reason why we can not use them.

For a Class B amp. It sounds great.

Also saw a pair of Audio Note mono blocks sitting under the bench, maybe next time I shall ask Bob if he would be kind enough to hook those up for a demo.

I have a lot to learn and it will take me a while as I have an arts back ground but i think i like all this science with atoms, cathodes,anodes and grid stuff.Ha Ha

Thanks to you all for all the help and advice.

And yes sir I would like lesson 2 if you ever have a few minutes to spare.

Thanks again
Aussiedrummer, I presume you're Australian and a cricket fan? If so, my condolences:)
Yes, I am indeed. Can not win them all mate. Gotta let the others feel like they can play to. Thanks