Jadis DA 60 Integrated

Been looking at this amp and am curious what it is about the design that requires 8 KT88s to produce 60wpc whereas most other amps e.g. Ayon Spirit 2 require only 4 for the same or close wpc?
facten
Yes, it's driving distance. I'm in the Philadelphia area, if you're up for it, we'd just have to hammer out the details.

I also have a pair of Atma M60s, and for what it's worth, am comfortable in laying out all the differences between them and the two Jadis integrateds for you. At a high level, it comes down to the classic differences between OTL and transformer coupled tube amps, kind of a vanilla versus chocolate thing, and my mantra is, "That's why they make both of them."
That sounds like an excellent idea, great that you have the OTLs to compare with. And then there is also the Jadis da-50src and one wonders what that might bring to the table - a move to KT88 I guess. I could also bring the Music Referenc RM9 Special Edition which I think is one of the better "high-powered" (162 watts) P/P ultralinear tube amps. I'll contact you via e-mail.
 Am planning to buy the da 50 signature edition . Could anybody let me know if it can drive my Salk song towers 84 db 4 ohm speaker 

any suggestions regarding the matching
thank you