Isolation Devices for Digital

I have noticed what looks like superballs or handballs in cutout wooden blocks these isolation devices called Mini Clouds by Gingko Audio. Anyone use them or have any cheaper alternatives? Do they really help?

Another Audiogoner told me about 3/8" ball bearings placed on Sticky Tack at a total cost of $3. Have not tried this yet.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
Post removed 
Likecoiledsteel, sorry, you cannot make a general statement like that. I have no doubt sometimes these cones affect the sources in your system, perhaps in a pleasant way but to call it an isolator, drain, whatever is not right. My question to you would be this: Don't you think by precariously balancing a cdp on 3 points, you might decrease it's stability and cause it to move more? I would urge you all to look up some real isolators online and see what they look like and the materials they are made of.
Tvad there is a good reason why air suspensions make good isolators. They can have super low natural frequencies, less than 10 Hz.
I posted recently (2/19/08) over in audioasylum general forum a brief result of my home-made isolator (1-1/2 inch (38 mm) rubber cup with felt pad insert) including picture.

I also came across "the Complete Guide to High-End Audio" by Robert Harley of The Absolute Sound mentioning cones, spikes, isolators. He said turn tables and tube components need isolators in particular.
Rotarius, can you point to some of the "real isolators online" you reference? There are a ton of products with a wide range of effectiveness, but I suspect you're not talking about the products targeted at audiophiles. Just curious...
The stand that stands out as far as bad vibrations are concerned are the Starsound 101 stands that do drain energy one way.These stands rendered a whole new level of sound that has set a benchmark for all of my friends systems as well as mine. Isolating vibes keeps the energy inside the equipmnet and distorts the audio signal vs the draining of energy from the equipment. One of the biggest changes we have heard is to a pair of ML stats after putting 101 underneath them !!Hope this helps Dennis