IsoAcoustics Gaia w/MAGICO

Hi,

I plan to order Gaia I for MAGICO S1 Mk2.

MAGICO has closed back design with no bass port. There is no chance to listen this kind of tweak before ordering. I am afraid footers could worsen SQ because of loudspeaker’s design. MAGICOs reside on hardwood/concrete flooring  

Can someone share (real life) experience on this one?
Thx.

128x128vule

Havocman,

I have a bit more ‘inkling’ about basic nail-head spikes, cones, steel platforms, geometry, mass, energy dissipation, heat conversion, and all the products that couple to the earth’s ground or in this case the flooring. Those coupling devices also include springs too!

nekoaudio, you have no inkling of what you're talking about when you spike speakers to the floor the bass vibration goes through the floor and back up through the floor to the speakers and also the Earth vibration which is constant in the earth vibrates your speakers all the time, before you say stuff you should definitely do your research cuz it makes you look foolish when you don't know what you're talking about. (havocman)

The floor-borne vibrations are only one “smaller segment” in the overall process of vibration management. Springs also pass energy in both north and south, east and west directions as well. This is fact and based on science.

Vibrations come from every aspect including electricity itself, walls, equipment chassis, racking, ceiling grids, etc. You cannot stop vibrations - period. You cannot stop resonance build-up created by vibrations on all surfaces from the smallest transistor to the building structure. It is all going to vibrate. Resonance is the problem. 

Vibration is sound. 

Why so focused on just the floors?

I have worked in every aspect of sound reproduction from listening rooms, and recording studios to arena-sized concerts. I have yet to hear high-frequency smearing, especially from the earth’s feedback, so I do not know what that effect sounds like. I have also learned that most distortions begin at the source, the equipment rack, the microphone stand, man-made force, or the instrument, but these distortions are always audible and not some foregone conclusion based on storyboarding.   

Isolation is based on what science? Floating in the air free from all vibrations? 

If gravity exists, how is true isolation attainable? 

Coupling is based on the laws of gravity, motion, vibration, and Coulomb’s law, through applied physics, and mechanical grounding techniques and is well documented. 

Decoupling is based on what? Those age-old isolation theorems and hundreds of thousands of various techniques?

A definition of decoupling related to the audio industry is:

• make the interaction between (electrical components) so weak that there is little transfer of energy between them, especially to remove unwanted AC distortion or oscillations in circuits with a common power supply. (Definitions from Oxford Languages)

The key words are “little transfer of energy”. Resonance Energy Transfer is a model based on science and not imagination where resonance caused by vibrations can be managed through material science, mechanical grounding, and geometry. 

Springs, pods, spheres, pucks, pads, cones, etc., are all ‘coupling’ products. In fact, in order to achieve function in a gravity-governed environment coupling is the factual science.

The differences you hear between all of these products are due to the speed at which the resonance energy is being transferred to the ground.

Mechanical isolation and decoupling are myths. Only in audio are we taught, brainwashed, or advertised into believing so heavily in them.

Thank you for your time,

Robert

Sound Engineer

Vibration Management Consultant

Mechanical isolation and decoupling are myths. Only in audio are we taught, brainwashed, or advertised into believing so heavily in them.

Bravo!

Hi Robert,

Brilliant!
Thanks for Your active participation and everyone for bringing expertise  and experience around the table and engaging in such constructive exchanges.

I also use Gaias on a pair of Magico A3’s which are on a solid 3/4" oak floor. My experience has been very good and in line with skyscraper’s.

rhg88,

Thx for sharing experience.

As I said before I am puzzled by Magico’s box design and its synergy with IsoAcoustics.