Is it worth it to repair a cj pv2ar?

I bought a used cj pv2ar preamp off the audiogon classifieds 10 years ago. It has served me well to this point, hooked up to a cj mv-55 and meadowlark kestrel.

A recent repair estimate (needs new power supply, caps and a transistor or two) was $520. Considering I bought it for less than $200, and there are newer cj preamps available used for a little more money (pv10a for $650), is it worth repairing?

Does anyone feel the pv-2ar is not a great match for the mv-55?

I listen to mostly jazz on vinyl and prefer a warmer, fuller sound.

Thanks,

sanjay
skedhar
I agree, I would sell it as is, and move into a PV5 if you like that full sound. It has it in spades, and should be pretty trouble free to boot.
Sold both back in the day - PV-5 was less noisy - both are sorta classic "tube" sound and there's nothing wrong with music that comes thru them.Frankly -even a PV-5 is old enough to have some potential problems ( electrolytic caps)- if you enjoy your 2ar - I'd consider putting the money into restoring it.C-J or Bill Thalman may charge you some real money to restore your pre-amp - but they have the specific experience with that product to know what to replace and what to replace with - something that a guy who has only worked on a few of your model of pre-amp has to take a semi-educated guess at?Big thing is this - if you enjoy what you've got - it's worth investing in it over taking a blind stab at something that may or may not suit you.