Is it best to use a 5-channel amp for biamping??

My next amp will be a sunfire (not the signature series). Please advice if buying the 5-channel cinema grand and use its channels in a bi-amp configuration will give me better results as opposed to just getting the two channel stereo amp?

Thanks in advance
planckscale
"I biamp my Aeons with four of the five channels of my Meridian 5-channel amp. This makes the speakers more dynamic - ...."

Case closed! Thanks Jetmphfor
Also, thanks to all for your contributions.
I really appreciate. Through you guys, I have rediscovered music!
I should add that by using your 5-channel amp this way you are, in effect, vertically biamping, which works better for Logans than horizontally biamping. Cheers.
Jetmph: With a Sunfire Cinema Grand, you would be neither vertically or horizontally bi-amping. That's because all of the channels are fed off of one common power supply. If running an amp with a dedicated power supply for each channel, it still wouldn't be vertically or horizontally bi-amping.

Vertical bi-amping implies that one power supply ( or amplifier ) feeds the left speaker while a separate power supply ( or amplifier ) feeds the right speaker. Horizontal bi-amping implies that one power supply ( or amplifier ) feeds the high frequencies of both speakers and a separate power supply ( or amplifier ) feeds the low frequencies of both speakers. Since every section of the speaker is being fed from one common power supply, there is no difference in this case as far as "vertical" or "horizontal" is concerned. So long as the power supply is big enough to feed all channels simultaneously, the biggest difference in performance will be increased dynamic headroom and the reduction of dynamic compression. The sonic results of this should be increased spl capacity and a more cohesive presentation, regardless of volume.

Since the power supply in this amp was designed to feed 5 channels of amplification and only four would be pulling on the power supply, i think that this type of installation with this specific amp should work great. The fact that Planckscale can experiment with the voltage / current outputs for the top end on his ML's is simply icing on the cake. Sean
>
Jetmph, Sean... keep them coming! I have been contemplating on buying the signature series, but with you inputs so far, it seems the standard Cinema Grand will do just fine in this configuration.

It is interesting to see that everyone here so far thinks that this configuration will work well with the Logans.
It was because of inputs such as these that I was able to buy my first (most probably will be my last) subwoofer - the Bag-End Infrasub-18!

Thanks