Intigrated Amp Dilemma

A little background:

I am currently using a Parasound Halo Integrated amp driving a pair of Golden Ear Triton 2 speakers. I noticed when getting the volume up to a really good level, the amp strains a bit and the sound gets thin.  I am talking at most 93-95db but usually I listen at less than 87db.

Very shortly, I will be moving my Golden Ear Triton 1 speakers into the system where the Triton 2 speakers resides as I am taking delivery of the new GE References in a week or two. I do not think the bigger Triton 1 speakers will be a great match with the Parasound integrated, I will probably sell the Triton 2 speakers.

I am thinking of buying a better sounding integrated with a bit more power and more reserve power. I would need 3 line inputs (single ended) and a built in dac. I am NOT interested in any Class D amps. I want to keep it around 5-6K new Can I be pointed in the right direction please?

Thank you!

128x128stereo5
Take a look at the Simaudio Moon Neo 340i which is what I use. It’s in your price range and has optional DAC and phono stage modules. Dead neutral sounding, excellent soundstage and imaging.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/moon-simaudio-neo-340i-integrated-amplifier

Having owned three pairs of Triton 2's and too many integrateds to remember them all I can attest that the Halo Integrated is a fine piece of machinery and likely not the problem.  Although I did not own both the HINT and the Triton 1's at the same time I do recall the Triton 1's never sounding enjoyable at loud listening levels regardless of amplifier. I believe I had Krell separates and a Simaudio integrated at the time and likely others as I usually have several on hand.

I currently use a Halo Inetegrated to drive a pair of NHT 3.3's and it does so effortlessly.

See you at the RMAF. 

David

If you don't have to have new, find a used Krell FBI. Class A. 300 watts/channel. Designed when D'Agostino was still at Krell. 

Check out the Octave Audio line of integrated amps, some of the best on the market. I have a client with your GE speakers and a V80se, he loves the combination!

Just another line to consider, the V70se and the V110se would be in your budget range. I have had the line for six years and could not be happier with the results from build quality down to performance.

One of the best tube int-amp's on the market. Not heard everything, but have definitely heard quite a bit. 

Tony
Stereo5,

I don't know your equipment but have just learned a great deal about room size.  We moved to Florida three years ago and my system went from a 13x20x8 living room to a 20x30x12 room and was completely lost in that space.  Had to move up to Sasha's and a 350 wpc amp in addition to a JLA 13" sub to properly pressurize the room.  The only other good sounding option was true near-field listening.  

Good luck... enjoy the process.