Integrated Amps vs. Separates.

I'm curious what people think the better option is, integrated amp or seperates. It seems that integrated amps are a cost cutting measure, but do they also cut sonic quality? Assuming similiar price ranges, what would people here generally choose. Give me some examples/brands/models and comparisions from your experiences. Thnaks. Carter p.s. Is the Krell KAV 300i really the king of integrateds like many reviewers say (i.e not only better than all other integrated amps but better than most seperates)?
mailman199
take it easy guys I stated in My experience I prefer separates I did not mean to offend anyone this is all a matter of taste for convenience yes I think they are wonderful but to my ears they cannot beat separates but they are getting very close
Nobody is getting excited Jules, you are just not getting the point. Dollar for dollar a integrated can sound better, that is the point.
sorry but lokking at the classified ads I just noticed a pair of rowland model 3 mono apmps for 2k now match that with any number of used preamps an audible illusions for instance at well under 17oo leaving more than enough money for cables and interconnect and I don't believe a 4k integrated will be as good but then again that is just my opinion
sorry but lokking at the classified ads I just noticed a pair of rowland model 3 mono apmps for 2k now match that with any number of used preamps an audible illusions for instance at well under 17oo leaving more than enough money for cables and interconnect and I don't believe a 4k integrated will be as good but then again that is just my opinion
Now Jules, why would you compare used prices for the separates and new for the integrated, come on!!