Infinity Kappa 9's Tweaks?

Calling all classic Infinity Fans. I have a set of Kappa 9s and they are a bit much for my modest listening room. They are so dynamic that they tend to fatigue, and moving away from them helps but room restraints prevents this. Also sound batting is not an estetic option. Does anyone no of a tweak with covering part of the tweaters with felt? This was mentioned on audio reveiew and I am not willing to permanently change them with crossover or wiring mods (they are getting to hard to find stock). Also I have tryed EQ's but always seem to go back to my foreplay tube preamp only.Thank you for any help. Audiogon is a great site. Guycom
guycom
I also plan to get another Sunfire amp, this time stereo, and run it with an electronic crossover on the 9s. More control that way. The Sunfire puts out about 800 watts into 4 ohms,way more into 1 ohm, without protest so far.
Try a tube pre-amp along with your solid state power amp, you won't be disappointed. The "harshness" in the tweeters is your solid state pre-amp. I have run the Kappa 7s for years with a Conrad Johnson tube pre-amp into a Denon 200 watt amp and they sound great.
I'am running the Kappa 8's through a McIntosh MC-2205 amp , with an Elite pre-amp, and they sound awesome.
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION IT.... NO PARTICULAR REASON..
THANKS...
I have Kappa Eights with a single Onkyo 504/304 combo (tried bi-amping with two 504s, but they still weren't up to it), and Monster cable. Now while I would love a high current amp,(I know, Onkyo is kind of...basic) I can still crank the volume somewhat-and still get sound that is not only non-fatiguing, but sweet without bring overly bright.
Hi Guycom:
The answer is a very simple one GOOD Power.Altough my set is the Kappa7.1 i I think this would apply to the 9s as well.
With power you will tame the Emmit tweater,therefore you will not fatigue when listening for long periods of time.
Also if you can try bi amping ,and playing with differnt cables.I have two Linns LK 140 and have never heard my Kappas the way I do now.Even though the are 8 years they sound better than most speakers out there and I have had a few . Shame that Infinity is now puttin out a lot of junk .
Ross
Ross