I am interested in upgrading my late 80's system?

I have been trying to find review on my Onyko Tx 822 and B and W DM 110 speakers, are either one worth keeping? They work for me, but would like to do a upgrade. Advise?
ray2
This is my first time on the list so I see how little information I supplied. My thinking is to replace my amp first? (guess that is correct) and then speakers. I am very confused by the reviews and since I live in a rural area we have to drive over 3 hours to find a dealer and then I am at their mercy. I listen to classical, Nora Jones,and mild rock. I am past middle age and my budget is around $2,000 total, less if possible. I do appreciate your kind responses and help. I have been away from the game too long to be current.
R
I would think you might want to consider an integrated tube amp and a pair of single driver speakers. They would be wonderful for the type of music you listen. Also, do you listen to LPs and/or CDs? CD players have improved quite a bit over the last 20 years so replacing your current player should be considered. If you play LPs, you need to be aware that a lot of preamps/integrated amps do not have a built-in phono preamp.
I would think that, given your listening preferences, you could make a significant upgrade for your budget. A simple system of a Rega integrated amp and Rega CD player, coupled with some monitors from someone like Dynaudio, Revel (M12s) or ProAc, while it wouldn't blow you out of your seat, would be very musical. That could be had used for less than $2K, including some decent but modest wires. Another speaker option would be something like the smallest Vandersteens if you're more into a floorstander. Happy Listening!
Ray.

You sound a lot like me, little bit different taste in music, but still in the same ballpark (I enjoy bluegrass and acoutic blues) and like you, mostly listen at a low or moderate volume, and yes, I'm a bit past "middle aged". Chances are you might want to keep your speakers, as if you're like me you appreciate a warmer sounding speaker than a more analyical one. Of course, the only way you'll know is go out and listen to some different speakers, and don't be surprised that what you'll hear while sounding different might not necessarily sound better. One question though, what is your source component, CD or vinyl, and are you thinking about changing or upgrading that? I'm the sort of person who feels that the source is the most important component, as nothing down the line can improve upon what is orginally delivered. If you got a good source component , and you like the sound of your speakers, perhaps upgrading your amp, may be all you really need. Remember the most important thing, is that your system satisfied "your ears", and delivers "your music" the way you want to hear it, and the age of it really doesn't matter. I have many friends who's systems would be considered older or "vintage" and they're still getting quite a bit of enjoyment out of them. Nothing wrong with an older system if it sounds good.