How often do you demagnitize your MC cartridge?

I have never owned a demagnitizer but a salesman brought one over once and did some cultish ritual over the cartridge, killed a chicken and when he was finished it sounded better!!!
Is this something I need to be doing regularly? Any advice?
128x128nrchy
Doug, the Cardas Sweep LP also claims to ultrasonically clean the sytlus. I knwo that you keep yours clean, but is there any evidence you can detect with respect to that claim?
I can't wait, I'm next! I'll follow up on Doug's experiences when I do it to mine!
4yanx,
I can't really say whether that part of their claims has any merit. You know my stylus cleaning regimen as you said, and it's the most effective one I've tried. I didn't drag out my microscope, but there was no visible change under the 10x magnifier I use for alignment. The stylus was crystal clear both before and after. I guess it's possible some loose fluff inside the cartridge may have been shaken loose. (?)

Maybe I'll go back to the ExtremePhono goop while Wally wends his way around. By the time he gets back to me my stylus will look like nicotine teeth again and I could test Cardas's claim.

April fool! Not happenin'. That little white foam stylus cleaner is the best. Even a cartridge as crooked as mine deserves a clean stylus. :(

Jphii,
Wally is shipping today. I'll give you the tracking # when Airborne picks up.

How long have you been running your cartridge? We'd have heard less improvement if we'd Cardas'd ours before it had 5-6 months on it. Still, I doubt it can do any harm.

BTW, have a care with the gain control if you run the sweep on the Ayre CD. It starts at 5Hz and that really gets the woofers pumping. Excessive gain probably could do harm there.
Doug,

I just unpacked everything, and am getting ready to go. I've been running the 103r since January, we'll see what happens.

Also, I am going to make copies of the CD for everybody and put them in the box for everybody!