How Many Turntables Have You Owned

As for me... My first that I can remember was a Webcor - part of their Holidy package. then... Garrard, Benjamin Miracord, Dual, Bogen, Thorens TD 124, and 121, Rek o Kut, LinnSondek, Grado, Rega, SME, VPI... I probably have forgotten a few
128x128stringreen
I have not owned many turntables in my lifetime. I had a Thorens 160 for a couple of years in the early 70's. I then bought a Linn LP12 in about 74. I still own the Linn LP12 but I now exclusively use a VPI Aries I instead which I bought a while back.
Coltrane1,

I agree with you on the old JVC higher end units. I drooled over them as a young teen back in the day. I finally bought myself a JVC QL-Y5F last year and love it for its design, looks, usability and yes outstanding sound quality. I'd put it up again most anything made in the sub $2000 range today. Remember back in the day it sold for around $600-$650. Factor in inflation and it would sell for something like $1200+ as new today.

I keep an eye out now for such classics, not just from JVC but from its peers at the time.
my first was a pioneer PL-12D, then a technics SL1800 DD, linn sonndeck LP12, thorens TD124 with SME 3012 which i still have, now out of storage and kicking out tunes once again :)

btw is this a good place to sell vintage carts and styli ?, i recently rediscovered a tupperware box of late 70's and 80's very low milage stuff that i'd forgotten about (mainly shure, adc, akg, grado, audio technica, technics, etc)
must have been in the box for 20+ years!
1...2...threeeeeeeeeeeee

1. JVC DD something or other

2. Thorens TD-147

3. SOTA Star Saphire
Pro-Ject RM9
VPI Scout
VPI Scoutmaster
Merrill MS2
VPI Scoutmaster
Lenco 75 in slate
VPI Scout
Nothing for awhile
Thorens 124 II
Nothing for a month
Clearaudio Concept
Basis Ovation with (older) TriPlanar (my last vinyl setup)