how do you measure the coil in the crossover?

I am in the process of tweeking my rather inexpensive speakers, and I want to update the crossover componants. I would appreciate any help someone could give me on finding the value of the inductor coil for the low pass filter. I want to buy the alpha core equivilant.
Thanks in advance!
128x128chez
Where can I find the ohmite resistor? also the rosistor in my crossover says 10 W 3 R 3 on it, Is it a 10 watt 3.3 ohm?
Thanks Trelja for you imput.
Mike
Chez, when I used to buy Ohmite resistors, Mouser was normally my source. I understand that North Creek sells their own version now, although the price will be a bit higher. On the plus side, North Creek could be your source for caps and coils as well, so you would get a break on shipping by buying from a single merchant.

I think they have a very reasonably priced capacitor you could look at in lieu of Axon/SCR. Basically, everything they sell is at least very good, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. I would highly recommend you go with their 14 gauge coils for your little project here.

As far as the values of your resistor, your logic seems good, but you should measure them anyway.

GOOD LUCK!