How do I get a speaker with the bass slam of my el cheapo ear buds...?

You know, the ear buds that come free with a Samsung smart phone. Was just listening to Brooks and Dunn’s My Maria over my Galaxy S8 and ear buds, and there is a nice drum track in there and it was nice, deep, slam to it. But if I connect the phone to my stereo system via analog inputs, I don’t get that slam. Do they boost the bass in these ear buds, or is my audio system not delivering the bass as it should?

Oh, and I also connected my phone to my car system via the AUX input and I don't get that kind of bass in the car either.
mtrot
Oh, they go deep.  It's just the initial "hit" or attack of a kick drum, and the like, that I am questioning.  The Signature IIs are sealed, not ported, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  They also have the old poly mid drivers and bass woofers, which I assume are not as fast as modern drivers.
So, afterall, you want to let the phone to drive a series of state of the art preamp, amp and speakers and get a nice slam effect like the phone drivig a free earbud.  Thank you very much for your experiment.  It showed to all of us that it does not work.  :) 

By the way, I saw that you did purchase Krell FPB400 around Sep, 2014. You used to drive your Legacy speakers using a Nak receiver long long time ago.  It seems that you have a steady audio growth path with you. You even started a  “slam” topic before. You should have more knowlege than many (if not most) of us to answer your own question.  

mtrot,

I added a bit about earphones because you seem to like yours and millercarbon nicely explained what could be causing the difference you notice.

You seem to have decent home equipment but have you considered a possibility that you overall actually prefer the sound coming from phone through the earphones? These days, many people do. Many chase "perfect sound" while they could be enjoying more by accepting the fact that they like "imperfections". At the same time, some people simply prefer the sound through headphones. Chasing speakers to sound like headphones may not be that successful. They are inherently different.
@ yylc
You seem to assume that I am an idiot.  Yes, I played the phone to the AVR that is in the system just to check that out, but I also played the actual CD in the Oppo, which is connected via digital coaxial cable to the PS Audio, which is connected via XLR cables to the Krell, with the same overall sound resulting. 

And I don't appreciate the snide remarks either.  Just because I started a few threads doesn't make me any sort of expert, hence my question.  I hope other people who ask honest questions here don't get the same treatment.