Home Theater for 10K

A friend came to me and asked what the best home theater setup she could get for $10,000.00. I gave it a lot of thought and decided that I was not the best one to offer suggestions, but that you, the audiogon sellers and buyers, could help. Her last "friend" told her to buy Bose.......

She wants 5.1 or 7.1, something not "black" and with rack/stands. She will also use this as her main stereo setup along with playing dvd's. She is not into vinyl, and not into "name" systems.

She already has a Sony 42" plasma, but nothing else......speakers, amps, processors, cables, etc...etc.

Suggestions anyone???????
sogvet
To John G:

I know that post that you have posted just before I have written my post last night was meant for someone else, but I just want to thank you anyway for posting those speaker manufacturers in your post in the process. After checking out all of those websites, I may have found what could be my next speaker system. The one I may have taken a particular interest in is the Rocket Science by Onix Model RS-250. This model has the tweeter model that is the same as the one that is featured in your nOrh speaker systems. Because I also pay particular attention to the appearance of a loudspeaker as well as its ultimate sound quality, I was taken by the real woods that they have used to construct their speaker cabinets. I am also intrigued by the performance/price ratio of their speaker systems. Combine them with a subwoofer like an SVS Subwoofer model 20-39 CS+ model, I could have me a killer speaker/sub system without shelling out a lot of dough. I don't think I'll be upgrading my existing speakers no time soon. But you did give me something to become intrigued on and to think about though.

Thanks and Regards!!!!!!!!!

--Charles--
I didn't read all the posts, but here's what I'm asembling right now:
Spendor SP3/1P and SC3 up front ($1200 used); Boston Acoustics VMX surrounds (they're one of the few that sound NATURAL with boundary reinforcement, unlike the PSB or JM Labs); Boston PV1000 sub (Both "B" stock at 50% off).
NAD 751 receiver ($500 B stock).
Lots of Canare 8 Quad speaker wire ($0.41 ft, and thus a giant-killer, at Markertek).
Prexisting ProScan 31" TV ($900; will upgrade eventually).
Total cost about $3500 ($5000 new?).
Will let you know how it sounds when finished.
I'm already enjoying the Spendors is 2 ch FM immensely.
Considering they're 1/10 the price of my ref system Parsifal Encores I'm MIGHTY pleased....
No one has really said much about subwoofers. For the price of this system, some additional bass may be required to enhance the "effects" in the low frequencies. Assuming appearance is important to your friend, she may want to consider something small and inobtrusive, that won't break the bank, like the Velodyne SPL 1200 or the HGS 10. Also if she needs a rack, the Lovan Classic I is being offered by Audio Advisor for a great price of $199.00. Good luck and happy shopping.