High Current Monoblocks

Hi Folks. I'm in the market for some mono amps that are capable of delivering high current. Can be tube or solid state but must have a small footprint. Linestage is an ARC LS26. Any suggestions?
dodgealum
Jax--thanks for the link. I get so "glazy" when I read these things. Yikes, maybe I'm not cut out for this hobby! Not to speak for Lou but my impression is that his current (pardon the pun) favorite amp for the Daedalus line is the Modwright, while the Claytons are a close second. The JC-1's were something he recommended a while back for his older designs--I'm not sure he would put them in the same category now.

Why do I need a high current design? Great question! I'm a little perplexed as well since the DA-1.1's are very efficient (as noted by Tvad) and do not, as far as I'm aware, present a difficult impedance dip (though I do not have specs on this). My understanding about amplifier matching is based primarily on my conversations with Lou who seems to prefer high current designs. Maybe I'm getting too hung up on this criteria, which I do not really understand fully. Also, I'm generally agree with Brauser about staying in the family to avoid problems with synergy. I thought about the new ARC SD135, which puts out 60amps of current, but amps like the Claytons, even at 50wpc Class A, put out 100amps. This is all a bit of a mystery to me and, unfortunately, I'm not in a position to listen to a whole bunch of amps to really discern for myself whether the pursuit of "high current" is really all that important relative to other qualities of an amplifier. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Post removed 
i recently had the rotel rb-1092 in my system. delivers the power you are looking for at 500x2watts. i thought this was a very nice sounding amp with my B&W 804S. you could always get a pair of the rb-1091 rated at 500x1 if you must have mononblock(s) :)

several of either amp for sale on AG and ebay.
Hi Everyone.

I'm with Dodgealum - I get glazy too when I read all this tech stuff. But, I try to learn.

I read on another Forum that "headroom" can be described as the difference between RMS (continuous power) and dynamic (peak) power. Like, 100w RMS vs. 150w dynamic. He then went on to say that in some applications lower headroon is preferable and in other applications more headroom is better. This totally confused me.

Mike
I would followup on Mofimadness by saying that I have one of the Sanders Sound Magtech amps. It is stereo but has 500 watts into 8 ohms. I have never had such a powerful and clean sounding amp. There are mono block versions with 1600 watts into 8 ohms briefly before your mains are drained. I cannot imagine why anyone would ever need such power, however.