HiFi Rose RS250

Hi, all.  There doesn't seem to be one, yet, so I thought I'd start just a general discussion thread on this new streamer for owners to share tips, tricks, issues, solutions, system setup, etc.  Kind of a one-stop shop for any potential owner, as well.

I just took delivery of mine.  It's smaller than I expected, which is not a complaint.  Doesn't need to be any bigger than it is.  Took me longer to find the right length of digital cable from the closet than it did to actually set the thing up, and that's including letting it install a firmware update.  Seems to be pretty plug-and-play.  It had the correct input selected by default.  I turned off all the outputs but the one I'm using.  Picked up my iPad, told Roon to send it music, and away she went.  No muss, no fuss.

I'm feeding mine via ethernet.  Qobuz is the main source.  Some local files, as well.  Output is coax digital to the DAC in my Mac pre, for now.  I'll be switching to the USB out when my Denafrips Pontus arrives, and balanced analog from there to the pre.

No tips or tricks to report so far, as I haven't needed any. :)

trentmemphis

Hi, @mtbiker29 .  Mine continues to function flawlessly, and I am very happy with it.  There have been several software updates already, which strikes me as a good sign for its future.

Hi trentmemphis,  could you share your experience with the pontus/rs250 combo please?  I still enjoy my rs250 with its internal dac for 4 months but I am always curious hearing if we can improve it with a better dan like spring 3 or pontus..  Daniel

Hi @mbolek,

Great information.

Wonderful and intriguing opportunity.

It could be the best gift to many audiophiles just before Christmas!

Happy Christmas to you and all!!!

Sorry to be so long responding, @dandion . Sometimes I don't get my notifications that something new has been posted in a discussion I'm following. Yours was one of those. 

I consider the RS-250 and Pontus an excellent combo. I can't readily compare it to the internal dac, as I never used it, but I like what I'm getting from the combo. I never get any listening fatigue, which has tended to happen even with good chip dacs in the past. I know that's not a ton of help, but hopefully it's some.

Cool, on my side, I decided to go with the Gustard R26 and keep the rs250 as streamer only.   It is difficult going back to sigma dac after trying  r2r ladder dac!