HELP-woofer moves alot when playing lps

Hi-
When I play a record on my TT, I get an excessive amount of woofer movement, even when no music is playing. When I lift the arm off the record with the finger lever, the movement stops, and the phono stage is dead quiet. Its only when I drop the needle and turn it up a bit, the woofer starts to move in and out. I dont get this when playing cds, only lps. I have my system on a shelves, with the table onto and my integrated amp directly under my TT. Might this be an isolation issue? Thanks in advance.
tbromgard
My Pro-ject Xpression III did this same woofer pumping issue. It was very noticeable as soon as the stylus hit the record before the music started. Same system, same table location, same cartridge, same phono pre, same high efficiency speakers (92dB Tekton 6.5t) and now totally gone now with a new RP6 (both tables were setup professionally by same shop). Was the motor vibration in the Pro-ject coming through the subplatter and platter.
I have the same issue.  Here are the things I've tried to solve the issue. Switched turtables: had a newer bottom line audio technica,  figured it just couldn't handle being amplified a lot (just bought classic cerwin vegas, wanted to really crank them up with some Rush vinyl).  So I tried my old Dual 505.2 with the same issue. Okay, swapped my yamaha receiver out with my wifes old Kenwood.   Same problem still.  Last attempt was purchasing a DJ-PRE2 preamp...  still did it! BUT it has a low filter... well I'll try that! Works great, and the sound quality is not better or worse, well better in  sense my speakers can concentrate on producing low end signals without the woofers going nuts!  Played some albums with some nice low bass, and it all sounds good.

What I've come.to believe is what someone said in the thread.  The stylus is picking up vibration from the speakers, so in a sense is creating a kind of feedback in the low frequencies. 

I recommend that DJ-PRE2 preamp, super mixer unit,  and it also has a gain for fine tuning! 40bux in Canada 

reb1208
518 posts
09-05-2011 8:25am
no, just play your music and ignore the woofer movement

This.

The physical action of the stylus on the moving vinyl cause this less-than 18 Hz movement of the woofers.

If you cannot handle it, filter it or crank up your oppo and listen only to music not recorded from vinyl.