Help Viridian will a Denon 103 work in a Rega arm

I am using a vintage Denon 103D in my Micro Seiki MR-711 and would like to try a new 103 in my P3 or my Technics. Most likely the P3. I would appreciate guidance from anyone that has first hand experience using a current production 103 in a stock Rega arm. Transformer will be a Denon AU-320. Thanking all of you in advance for your guidance and continued support.
Marty
128x128viridian
I used a Denon DL103 on a P3/RB300 with great success. The Denon/P3 is a great combination, with a wonderfully direct and lively sound. That combination was legendary in Europe 15 years ago, long before the DL103 become popular in the US again. I am currently running a DL103R in an RB600/Tecnodec, which is not quite as musical as the P3/DL103 combo, but is tonally more neutral, with great high frequency extension and detail. A dropped counterweight, e.g. Expressimo Heavyweight will help.

Enjoy!

Rene
I used a 103 and 103R in an OL Silver (basically a Rega). Works fine. However, it performed a good deal better using the TWL HI-FI mod as described extensively in other threads, here. Personally, I prefer the plain jane 103 to some of the other variations available on today's new market.
I've had a 103, 103R and 103D in an RB300, rewired w/ Incognito.
All were a good match, and a bargain.

I agree with 4yanx--the plain jane 103 is no joke....
Marty, one caveat. Unless I also had a Pete Riggle VTA adjuster, or equivalent, I would never own another Rega-based arm. Pains in the hynie, IMHO.
David
Post removed