Help me pick the right monitor

I'm looking for a higher class monitor that can handle 80 watts of pure Class A power. I've currently got Acoustic Energy AESPRIT 300s, hooked to a Jungson JA-88D by Ridge Street Audio Poeima !! Signature speaker cables. Actually, the AE's are quite good but I'm looking for a speaker with a quality cabinet that can keep resonance down as this amp really delivers bass. Wanting to improve from 40Hz which may require an 8" woofer(??) Looking for a high degree of transparancy with excellent detail. I know...I want it all! (As most of us do) I've been considering Reference 3 DeCapo's and am looking to spend up to $2K. These are for my home office system so as much as I would like to have floor standers, monitors must be used. The room dimensions are 10x18. Thanks for your input.
jaguar
If you want the best sounding monitor on the market then look at http://www.4sptech.com ....they are having a 30% off sale right now....look over on the audio circle forum for more on this http://www.audiocircle.com
I'd also give a vote for auditioning the Green Mountain Callistos ( which I got to hear first hand at CES last year) as well as the Intuitive Design Summitts by Denali.

I'd put these two choices ina different class than some of the other offerings mentioned personally.
If the specs are accuarte then the DeCapoi dosen't go quite as deep in bass as your AE's. The DeCapoi is 42hz (+/-3db). The Decapo do have 8" woofers but they give up a few hz on the low end for better effeciency.

I really doubt if you'll find anything in a bookshelf that goes noticably lower then the 40hz you already have.

I run the Jungson JA88D with Eastsound CD-E5 along with Focus Audio FS688's. They are specs to 45hz but with the Jungson/Eastsound combo (both which are outstanding in bass) I have no complaints about bass in a room similar in size to yours. The quality in bass more then makes up for any lack of depth.

They sell for $3k but on rare occasion are available used on Audiogon.

BW MaxxC
as you can see everyone has their favorite. mine is tyler acoustics. this is a factory direct speaker that has caught the attention of both stereophile as well as absolute sound at the 2005 CES and CEDIA SHOWS. if you are looking for a monitor with stands, this company also makes the stands that fit the speaker with no overhang. the model is the linbrook signature monitor. its a d'appolito design with all SEAS magnesium drivers as well as their MILLENIUM tweeter. freq. response is 35-25 khz and is rear ported. i also have their top of the line WOODMERE model and could not be happier with both models. i will say the linbrook signature monitors do need a medium sized or more room to really let the sound open up. check their site out or even call ty lashbrook at tyler acoustics. great person, company and what i call a sleeper speaker concidering the high priced speakers today. both models saved me alot of money from other models i had on the wish list. no regrets because its all about the sound not what they cost.

bill