HELP: I need a solid state amp with a tube sound

I am very much into tube amplifiers, but it seems that they need alot more maintenance than SS amps do. Is there an amp out there that will get a good tube sound, but with low maintenance of an SS amp? I am working on my budget and I will probably spend about 2500 for it. I already have a tube pre-amp that I like, a Zen ZTPRE, and does a good job for my needs.
matchstikman
Another pathway to "tube" euphoria would be to use a Musical Fidelity (Thank's PhaseCorrect !) X-10D between the Pre-amp and amp. They really do turn the sterile, chalky, Surface of the Sun, bleached sound (of Solid State) into a pleasing and listenable event. They are quite cheap as well. Musical Fidelity does not make them any more, but they pop up (on AudiogoN) from time to time (about 150.00). They use two 6DJ8/6922 tubes and they react well to "tube rolling".In a way, this whole topic is a tad moot at the price range that you are trolling in. 2500.00 for a "used" (or NEW) amplifier is a BUNCH of money (for SS or Tube). No matter what "Solid State" amp that you choose, it will have many positive facets in its favor (and should not have many that will disappoint). There are "always" exceptions to this and I'm sure that we (as Audiophools) have "all" had a "bad experience" or two (or nine). There is no "Gospel" in amp buying.
The Musical Fidelity "A" series does have a nice midrange warmth to it and is very smooth, but I wouldn't ever confuse it for a tube amp, it does many things much better then tube amps typically do. The new SS MF gear is startling in its quietness and 3D layering, the top end is superbly extended and the bass is articulate and goes deep (though not very full), and the sound is blazingly fast, all of which makes it vastly superior to most tube amps I've heard under $3K in those regards, as they had the typical noise, rolled off topend, soggy bass and lack of oomph. I'm guessing if someone wants "tube-like sound" from SS, besides the epxense, they probably want to avoid those negatives usually found in tube amps in the stated price range as well....
The 47Labs amp which can be used as an integrated amp is the only solid state amp that this tube amp guy can stand, and it is fun to show this tiny amp with it power supply hidden to your friends.
I've run tubes and solid state on some of the most revealing speakers ever made. I always strive for clarity, extension, and smoothness. For solid state (all used), Rowlands and Plinius, are very smooth and rich sounding. The Pass X-150 (I just sold one) is more lean, but excels in clarity and extension, plus dynamics.