Have you tried the ART SLA-1 amp yet?

Since Audiogon removed the first thread related to the ART SLA-1 amplifier based on reasoning I can't really make sense of, I will re-post being careful not to advertise services. I would simply like to read peoples exerience with the unit as compared to other amplifiers. I believe some people were about to post their findings when the post went the way of the DoDo. Now, lets see if this is good enough to not get axed after having nearly 60 responses.

Regards,
d911
d911
I'm kind of interested in what people have to say about the stock SLA1 myself if you don't mind. Find another thread to comment on if this one doesn't suit you.
Ericthered, Are you affiliated with D911 or do you have other finacial interests in this amp or its MODS?
Yes I do have a finacial interest in Don's mods as in Don (who lives in GA) will get my full financial interest to the tune of 700.00 for his deluxe mods if I find the stock SLA1 that is arriving at my house in OREGON tommorow from Music123.com sounds good and has enough power to drive my Platinum Audio Solos. Unlike some of you, I am always on the lookout for audio bargains (check my Agone feedback) and am QUITE INTERESTED in what maybe be an audio bargain. This thread asked if anyone had heard the stock unit, but I guess I'll have to wait until tommorow to find out for myself. Threads like this would be a lot more interesting if people could stick to the questions asked. If Don's modded amp does indeed take off, don't fall down trying to jump on the bandwagon.
Personally, I've always been interested in value oriented audio products such as the modified ART DI/O. For those of us with an interest in this hobby and limited discretionary income, used or modified equipment that delivers great sound are some of the few options.

Can't say if posting about a product one has financial interest is right or wrong, but I think everyone benefits of information about new products. I for one will be looking forward to seeing A-B comparisons with the modified ART SLA-1 and other amplifiers. Since I have signed up for one of Don's mods, I'll be posting my impressions at Audio Asylum and Audio Circle, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings here at Audiogon.

Since I was already in the market for a modestly priced amp for my office system when the controversial and now-deleted first thread on the ART popped up, I decided to take a chance on the ART SLA-1 and see what it would sound like in my system before moving it along to system B or selling it. It arrived today--without any mods--and I have had it playing for three or four hours now. Although it is much too soon to make any kind of judgment, I can give you my honest first impression, for whatever it is worth.

To these ears, the ART is a very clean sounding and powerful little devil. Whether it is as good as D911 claims remains to be seen, but it appears to be holding its own in my system. I will withhold further comment until I've lived with it for a few days and had a chance to get better acquainted. Based on what I've heard so far, I am looking forward to it.

Associated gear: Supratek Syrah preamp, Piega P10 speakers and Piega speaker cables, EMC 24/192 CDP, Nottingham Spacedeck/OL Silver/Shelter 501, Jena Labs Symphony ICs, Virtual Dynamics Power 2 and Audition ACs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with D911 and no financial stake in the amp's sales. Just a curious cat and a bargain shopper.

Fool's gold? Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. I will be interested in others' impressions.