Have you ever tried a pair of speakers and said this Is the last thing I will ever need.

Hi Audiogoners have you you ever had a local dealer that is so pashonet about audio. That they let you bring in your system for fun and try a $10 000speakers. And you have been to every other local dealers shows and listened to $400 000 and above systems. And then tried a pair of speakers and had so much synergy with your budget system and said omg. This blows all other systems I heard for a fraction of the cost of most others? And have been always happy with that pair of speakers and your system for the rest of your life?

Please share your experience"
128x128jakecanada
Looking to replace my aging B&W 801 Nautilus speakers, I did a little research and discovered that Vandersteen 7, Revel Salon 2,  802 B&W D3 or the Kef  Blade would be very good contenders.  I even toyed with Magnepans. That is, until I came across information on the JBL M2 Reference Monitors which are wave guide, compression driver, active speakers (DSP crossover in Crown amps)  meant for professional music and film  production.  On a lark, I  purchasing a pair at my local Guitar Center along with the required pair of stereo Crown amplifiers (Class I) for about $11,000, a 50% discount.  Later I supplemented this with another Crown amp and a JBL Sub 18 which was made to be mated with the M2.  This unconventional system has 6x2500 watts (bridged for sub), and the dynamic range, even at relatively modest volume, is remarkable.  After painstakingly locating the speakers, sub, and listening position, and thoughtfully installing acoustical room treatment, it is the best system I have personally ever heard.  I can't see replacing it anytime soon.
Mirage M3si (two pairs for two separate rooms)

Goldenear Triton One

i once heard a pair of Martin-Logan Prodigy and they blew me away; I may someday seek some M-L but the M3's and Tritons will always stay.
Wow fell in love with Meridian have home theater in my basement all DSP speakers and bass. Simple love it. Would not change it just love the way it sounds(goosebumps) brings my music to life. Allows bass to live inside me. In living room over the last year I have fallen in love with the Theta 3HD which I purchased last year.Which brings me to the my newest love the B&W HTM1D center 802D fronts and 803D rears my God I will not change any speaker for these that I have the only thing I am upgrading is the Theta 3HD to the Theta 4(Thanks Craig @ TheaterMax)So I have chasing this sound that I have since I went to the movie theater to see Hard Days Night and heard If I Fell all over the movie theater. Now I have that sound. Peaceful.

dbphd
The venerable AR turntable was the understated bargain of the 20th century. Mine had an Empire 999E cartridge. I toyed with the idea of adding a Rabco SLT, but life got in the way. Your V15 was another hallmark.
Good stuff.
g
Sound Labs. Maybe my vintage pair won’t last as long as something newer and the newer ones will be compatible with lower powered amps, but I sonically, I can’t ask for anything more. They leave all my prior speakers and most others I have heard in the dust and it usually isn’t that close. I could upgrade all other components many times over and I don’t think the Sound Labs would ever be a weak link.
I’ve had multiple visitors who own more expensive speakers leave with jaws agape and more than one who said, "I’ve got to figure out how to get some Sound Labs." Cheers,
Spencer