Have Jeff Rowland Concentra II am I crazy...

Was thinking of using it as a preamp, Getting the Mcintosh 2102 or Vtl st150 amps. To bring that tube sound to Sonus Farber Grand pianos. Thanks for your toughts
kaivonr
a'gon member 'the kid' uses a cary sli-80 w/grand pianos & likes it very much. good luck.
Thanks for the responses...will let you know what happens. Still trying to get a hold of an tube amp the use rowland as pre.
Got the Vtl st-150 Does sound great. Using the Rowland as Pre amp add some warmth and crazy bass responses. But of course I am thinking of Marrying the pre amp now with vacuum tube pre. Vtl 2 series or 5 upgraditus bad...
I think you should get rid of the Rowland! Its a beautiful sounding amplifier on its own. If you like the tube sound then go tube. That integrated is a well integrated amplifier to perform as it is. I think you are better off getting a pre-power or tube integrated that you like, you will not be utalizing that unit to its fullest thats all :) Good luck.
I used the Concentra II as a preamp for a short time while in the process of changing directions and it performed great.

If you have thoughts of getting a Mac amp to pair with it, you may want to consider the McIntosh MA-2275 tube integrated, it is a great tube integrated amp, and sell the Rowland.