Gryphon Mephisto

Here is an update with my Gryphon Mephisto: Connectivity was directly from my EMM LABS DV2. After some time I found it too edgy and forward. Lowering the gain on the DV2 helped, but still not to my liking. Couldn't find a Pandora anywhere. I called John at Audio Salon, (Great guy to Do business with) never had any dealings with him before. He had a Zena. I figured the Zena would give me a pretty good sonic presentation as to what to expect from the Pandora. Sure enough I knew in the first 5 minutes. Fantastic presentation, its a very good preamp. Separate PS with the Pandora, dual AC power, will only make things better. I ordered a new Pandora. Gryphon is making one. If anyone is interested in a Zena PM me. Only thing is the Pandora will take 2-3 weeks. I'll update this after the Pandora arrives. My room is huge 30 X 26 X 26H. Big A-Frame. This creates denominators that are not typical. 
jakesnak
Onahighernote used to be the distributer. They are no longer involved with distribution. They had several pieces left from demos and inventory. As Maxwave noted they still have that Essence pair. Interesting to note the Zena preamp and the Essence are exactly the same but with different chassis. I could not find a Pandora anywhere in the country including Canada. I would have gladly purchased a demo unit if one was available. Most gear, you need to go through a dealer, unless you find something on the used market. Gryphon gear is not usually found on the used market. 
Post removed