Gryphon Diablo 300 vs Vitus RI-101

So I've been itching to upgrade my amp. I currently have: PS audio Directstream -> PS BHK preamp -> parasound JC1 -> Focal Sopra 2.
    I narrow down to these 2 candidates. Any one with experience with both int amps can comment on them?Thanks!!!
128x128btbluesky

On my gear, room, etc not in the same class at all. I kept everything else constant - cables, music, etc.

Loss of detail compared to Vitus and seemed to attenuate both the highs and lows with a notable lack of bass in comparison to Gryphon and Vitus. Smooth mid range.

Took about 1.5 hrs to warm up enough. Surprised me that it was not competitive, because I have heard some great Pass set ups on friends' systems. They tell me Pass needs the Pass pre to work well, but I did not try that.

A little late to the party, and suggestions may be N/A by now, but if you are still looking to change the nature of your sound, you may also want to consider the Boulder 866 in that price range. Appears to lean more to the ’clean and clear’ camp like the dartzeel, than the bold and dark character of the Gryphon or [very] slightly veiled character of the Vitus. There are several vids on youtube of the Boulder 866 v. Vitus integrateds. Great set of choices !!

Before I tried the Vitus and Gryphon, my friend and I tried the Boulder 866 with DAC also at home with same partnering equipment. Well, Boulder is what Boulder is known for; quick, clean, clear, dynamic, drive... However I felt that harmonics were truncated. It didn't feel like listening to music. I felt like it was re-constructing the data in the source (the in built DAC) and then presenting it as "music".

It was the first amplifier that we eliminated from our shopping list.

Hi guys, i own a Diablo 300 since 1 year now paired with my Thiel CS 3.7s speakers.

Like some of you guys said in this thread the Diablo 300 is forward sounding and tends to be harsh when you raise the volume.

It is uber transparent, has a huge soundstage and has no problem handling my Thiel speakers in my medium size room.

I'd like to know if it would be worth trading in my Diablo 300 for a Vitus RI-101 mk2 ? or would that be a side move ?

Right now i don't have the budget to purchase separates even though it is planned for the future.

I have heard the Vitus RI-101 mk2 at a dealer's on different speakers, they were Joseph Audio Perspective 2 Graphene and liked the presentation very much.

Thanks.

@thieliste if you want an amp that isn’t forward sounding and harsh Vitus could be a good option for you.  From my experience the RI-101 mk2 is the complete opposite of those two things.  Very natural and organic no matter what the volume.