Grounding my Silvertone

I rescued a Sears Silvertone stereo console phonograph model 1270 from the dump.  With a new needle, it is playing very well.  After listing for about an hour, I felt current on my finger tips when touching the player in various places.  The base also felt hot.   

Any suggestions for how to make this record player safe?  

Thank you!

silvertonegirl
I will absolutely try that ... it's all going down hill quickly.. seems every time I try one thing, something else sticks or gets stuck!  but this is great info for tonight's exploration.
Post removed 
Yup - I think my answer to that was going to ALDI (my favorite grocery market) and buying a $49 record player that sounds just as good... so that as I become more and more frustrated, I know I have a back up plan!  It will become a great cabinet if I can't get it to work.  I'm just being romantic about it right now!
I love those old console cabinets too:)Best of luck to you!I've got three old radios that are in working condition.One has a turntable that tips out from the front that doesn't work at the moment.One of these days I'll get to it.My favorite is a Telefunken brand AM/FM  that sounds incredible,warm and beautiful.No advice for you,I'm very much an amateur also.
Post removed