Grateful Dead May 77 Box Set Announced

Just a half hour ago dead.net announced they are releasing the new Betty Board Box Set from 1977 :-)

May 5 New Haven, CT

May 7 Boston, MA

May 8 Ithaca, NY

May 9 Buffalo, NY

... and will be transferred by Jeffery Norman using Plangent Processing (WOW that's great news)

Get Shown the Light, limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, is available to pre-order exclusively from the Dead site. The Cornell set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC formats beginning May 5th. The Barton Hall concert will also be available in three-CD, limited-edition five-LP, digital download and streaming formats.

The full Light set will come in an elaborate box constructed by Masaki Koike, featuring a book by Peter Conners, Cornell '77: The Music, the Myth and the Legend of the Grateful Dead's Concert at Barton Hall, and an essay by Dead scholar Nicholas G. Meriwether. (Conners' book will also be available for purchase separately.)

128x128otherone
On a side note did anybody buy Grayfolded on vinyl and how is it?? Congrats to all who picked up '77 box. I haven't picked up anything since Europe '72 vol. 2, and JGB vol. 7 most recently. Lookin forward to first Shoreline shows in June. 
I’m a bit late to this party! Just heard about all of this today....need to check my official GD/Dead site emails and see where they went.

Anyway, the best copy of Barton that I’ve settled on was taken from the matrix version at archive.org. I just listened to some quick A/B’s of the climactic end of Morning Dew using my copy vs. the pre-release from Rolling Stone’s website (and I have no idea what data rate that’s streaming at but assume it’s low). All of the instruments sounded more clear and distinct (particularly Phil’s bass) and Jerry’s quavering "any-wa-aa-a-ayyy" that ends the song was richer with greater tonality. Has anyone done anything similar? I’ve had SO many versions of Cornell through the years and was thrilled when I discovered archive’s set about a decade ago....I have to imagine that the upcoming material will be "the best yet" although th existing matrix is pretty darn excellent. Any other opinions/versions/AB’ers feel like weighing in?

@ highpercentile: 

The best SBD out there is Darrin Sacks

Source WBOTB Source -- 7" two track BBD reel encoded w/ DBX-1 noise reduction @ 7 1/2 ips > Sony PCM501ES @ 44.055 kHz. Sony PCM501ES analog out > DBX-1 decoder > analog in PCM501ES. PCM501ES analog out > Fostex D5 @ 48 kHz>DATs>ZA2>CDRs>EAC>SHN
Taped by Betty Cantor
Transferred by Darrin Sacks

There are two great Matrix's out there as well made by Hunter Seamon's and another one from Dave Usborne.  Both are really sweet sounding.

Usborne uses Jerry Moore's audience:

Handheld Shure 57's, 10 Feet From Stage, DFC>TC152>MC
MC>CDR>EAC>WAV>FLAC

Notes: 10 Feet From Stage = Great Instrument Pickup,
Vocals A Bit Lower Than Moore's Copy.

Hunter uses Teddy Goodbear's audience:

Audience 1 (shnid:117027)source: aud taped by Jerry Moore a) cassette master>10.5" reel @ 7.5 ips, dolby b provides a majority of the show

I did a Soundcheck like you using the Rolling Stone Mp3 vs. the SBD.

We are going to be thrilled with this release. It will be the holy grail.