Granite Under Speakers Over A Wood Floor

I would Like to use something over my wood floor that would not scratch it like the spikes do. I remember seeing sonus farber speakers on granite blocks. Does anyone have any experience with this? How would this sound?
128x128fleone
Hi Cornfedboy, On another thread (measuring vibration in equipment)Rcm1960 says he is a manfacturer who produces products that pertain to vibration control. He seemed open and honest but he would rather remain anonymous.
brulee: thanks, i read the post to which you referred. sorry, but i find it objectionable for an "anonymous" manufacturer to post what appear to be testimonials from end users, such as the one on this thread. these posts are, in fact, free "commercials" for the product being touted. they don't belong on this site unless they are clearly described as advertisements. just my opinion, FWIW.
Good-day Cornfedboy,

Really didn’t want to remain in hiding as I awaited the Audiogon management’s approval to answer to some threads with no company push to sell our merchandise. I simply wanted to hear the rules governing the site (please note the reply under Measuring Vibration in Equipment – i/e perfectimage – 03/01/01). I now have the confidence to pursue.

I will however continue to expand on our company's latest discoveries and technology with regards to resonance and the control thereof. In addition we will also back up our technology and products with technical and/or engineering documentation. Some exceptions exist with our Patent pending processes and products as they can not yet be exposed. We are one company who refuses to be categorized as black magic, snake oil, etc…

We are currently increasing our advertising budget to become a posted client on this site so we are not to offend anyone who is a member.

One reason for our response to this site is some of our customers posted information and were immediately challenged as to the validity of the products they own as well as their technical abilities to inform people of something very new to the Specialty Audio Industry.

Some were somewhat offended as they were placed on an immediate defense status from a few senior audiophiles who should remember that not all people writing to this site are veterans of this hobby.

My message to the elite is simply call us at the factory and we will be happy to answer ‘all’ of your questions. This Industry needs the support of ‘all’ who enter in to it. I also have a sense of humor as I have reviewed some of your responses. A few responses have incredible delivery tactics.

The feedback we received from our customers opened the door for our participation as we only wish to provide some outlook and a very different perspective to the age old theories, proven facts (as there is always room for improvement) and applications of audio technology.

I am not the designer whose inventions we now bring to this market although I wish I had his talents. Our Senior Executive Designer is Mr. Brent Riehl. We are people who love music, sound and video. Our company membership includes engineers from all categories, mostly within the mechanical realm.

One of our products, Audio Points is now ‘the old man on the block’ as we have begun their thirteenth year of sales with well over a quarter of a million of them working in the field.

Our company is Star Sound Technologies, LLC. I am the CEO for the company and love to spend as much time with the public with regards to increasing the enjoyment of audio as possible.

Please feel free to telephone me (toll free 1-877-668-4332 or in Canada 1-877-542-7277) as my time is limited along with my ability to write about all the information we could share. We will be happy to forward any of our product information to you for your understanding.

We in turn wish to thank Audiogon and their membership for the ability to link us to people who have the same goals and interests as ourselves.

Now I only have one question, who are you? With a handle like cornfedboy, I vision you are from the Central portion of the US. Most of our products are manufactured in Lincoln, Nebraska – the Corn Husker’s State.

As always – cornfedboy – Good Listening

Very truly yours,

Robert C. Maicks
CEO
Well: This is after the fact as I was blocked out of posting all morning but I will post it anyway.

I agree with Kelly on this one. I enjoy the feedback from dealers and manufacturers in the threads on many subjects (including their own wares) as it's like getting free professional advice without the pressure to purchase. I do however feel that their position in the industry should be noted as is done by my favorite pro posters (although this does not have to be done with every single post as many are on general topics). There is another outcome of candid posts in that if caught in the act (in regard to this matter), the products tend to take on a negative impression in my mind (though I have never auditioned them). Kind of the reverse of what the shill was intended to achieve. I do not know who RCM1960 is and this post is not directed at them (if they do not fill the bill) but is just my take on this type of behavior, when it does take place.
robert: this one's for you.

a sargent, returning from a scouting party, gallops breathlessly into general custer's encampment at little big horn. he announces,"general, i've got some good news ands some bad news." the general replies,"well, i guess you'd better give me the bad news first." says the sargent, "we're surrounded by 15,000 warriors of the siuox nation and we're all about to meet our maker." incredulous, general custer asks, "good lord man if that's the bad news, what's the good news?" says the sargent, "well, at least we won't have to ride back home through nebraska."

no i'm not from the cornhusker state (NB: one word, no apostrophe; wouldn't write can nuck's, eh). i still count iowa as my home, tho i've lived in colorado since 1975. i'll withold further judgment on your posts until you explain what the hell you're makin' & sellin' besides those metal pointy things and racks with clever clefs. -kelly